60 Minutes Story on Corporate Taxes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

"Organized Labor" is not a free market. In fact, it's the cost of organized labor that forces the dislocations in markets that forces jobs overseas.

#21     Mar 28, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

RCG, I don't think you're a bad buy but I KNOW you are not a libertarian. Not there is anything wrong with that.

#22     Mar 28, 2011
  3. Further, I would add that nothing the Captain has said is false, this is indeed orchestrated by a larger force, that is not clearly visible. Ross Perot, a billionaire when he ran warned us nearly twenty years ago how this was gonna go.

We have paid a price for freedom, and we cannot complete with forced labor all other things being equal. If we do not impose a penalty for companies that leave to enjoy modern day slavery, all of them will eventually, as it makes sense from a pure profit standpoint.

Did you know CAT is threatening to leave Illinois? Do you know what will happen if they do? They can only leave because they are building a force in China( plz review their record on human rights). Is that right? Should government continue to stand by and watch? CAT is doing business with an openly hostile government. How does that help America?

#23     Mar 28, 2011
  4. I am not a conservative in libertarian drag, is what you really mean.

#24     Mar 28, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

CAT is leaving IL because of the hike in taxes and is looking to move to one of the surrounding states or TX. Free markets in action. Survival of the fittest. CAT is just the beginning.

#25     Mar 28, 2011
  6. Historical Vacuum.

Why did "organized labor" come into existence? What makes you think employers will not revert if these parameters are lifted?

#26     Mar 28, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, I mean you are not a libertarian. No qualifiers need to be added.

#27     Mar 28, 2011
  8. Really, it is mind boggling how the right wing focuses so much on social issues like gay marriage, abortion, etc. and completely ignore America selling out to China, RED FUCKING CHINA because they can buy cheap shit at Wal Mart.

#28     Mar 28, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

The same reason polygamy will not come back into law if we legalize gay marriage. Societies evolve forward, not backward RCG.

#29     Mar 28, 2011
  10. Perhaps, I definitely think the gov make a poor decision when he raised income taxes. I can see things from CAT's point of view. I wonder tho if companies have any responsibility to the communities in which they operate.

#30     Mar 28, 2011