60 Minutes Exposes United States Financial Collapse

Discussion in 'Economics' started by killthesunshine, Mar 18, 2010.

1. ET99

ET99

2. Oh, I don't know. Seems anyone with an IQ > 50 and access to the data, should have "seen it coming"*... after all, the concept was all based upon BS and "politico favor buying"...

*apparently eliminates GreenScam and BS Bernanke.

3. Agree. 100%

4. Oh, really? Which part did they get wrong, and what would have given the brief segment more "depth?" Which part was "sensational?" I thought it was a very good piece, and believe Michael Lewis is always worth a listen.

Kindly back your claim.

5. Great story.

The fact that the half blind guy sees better than all the experts is pretty cool.

It appears Goldman Sachs knew for sure and capitalized on a sweet exit strategy.

6. Do you know who received the most money from the AIG bailout? Hint: It wasn't GS.

7. You didnt even need access to the data to see it coming. Many people on here saw it coming. Just look at this post from over 5 years ago about a future "housing crash".

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43224&perpage=6&highlight=housing rolling along&pagenumber=1

Many people on ET seem to read the signs pretty well when somethings coming. Maybe we dont know exactly how it will play out, but we are pretty sure it WILL play out. So with all this talk nowadays about hyperinflation and the death of the dollar, it seems it might only be a few years away, just like it was only a few years away when that post was first written.

8. Enlighten me. Likely I have read it before ... but it would be cool to see a clear outline ... if you would be so kind.

:)