60 Minutes 09/09/12

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by syd697, Sep 10, 2012.

1. hughb

hughb

There's absolutely nothing wrong with military personnell writing stories of their time in war. If this had been a story about a dog face slogging it out in the trenches, there never would have been a stink raised. Just because it's a special operations guy doesn't mean he has to keep his mouth shut.

#11     Sep 10, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

Could you possibly be more stupid? Rhetorical question.

#12     Sep 10, 2012
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Obama and his "beeeoch" Michelle went on another vacation. While riding a bike built for two, Odumba crashes, and throws Michelle into a ditch. He struts over to her and says, "baby, is you hurt?" she says "I've got a ten inch gash." Odumba says, "I know that but is you hurt?":D

#13     Sep 10, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

Your children must be very proud.

#14     Sep 11, 2012
  5. Getting your helmet wet, getting some gash or just going head first into a ladies bush, however you want to put it.

Falling off your bike just isn't fun. :cool:

#15     Sep 11, 2012
  6. There is no relation in your analogy, it is false logic. Let me be clear, I think war is evil and wrong, and I have kids I have no desire to have to put their lives on the line. How many die in the way we fight wars currently? My point is fewer overall innocents would die, and fewer soldiers would die if when you say a cause is worth war you actually go all out and end as quickly as possible. I may sound like a war monger, but I think history shows that if any number of conflicts were fought without political stupidity they would have ended faster and with fewer lives lost. I would not to be the one to make that call, but I would if I had to. I don't necesarilly buy the numbers for lives saved in WWII because of dropping the nukes, but it most likely was close. Horrible, hell yes, but a terrible war ended.
    Peace, and I do mean that...no smiley face crap, just peace.

#16     Sep 11, 2012