60,000 down the drain

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by MAHSTAKILLA, Jun 11, 2007.

1. FGBS

FGBS

That won't happen in trading? your short and there is takeover news? you buy options for a 100% gain and lose it all? If like Daniel you are willing to lose 30-40-100% of your money on 1 trade/ hand and you are leveraged then of course it could happen in trading... just make sure if you have 1mil at the table you have 30mil off the table to make that trade again and again and again hopefully with a more probable outcome.

#11     Jun 12, 2007
  2. SIRI ? OH WOW, you were so fooled by Cramer and Mel Karmazon !!! Cramer was mombo bullish on SIRI about 18 months ago. The hype was incredible....and so was the bullshit.

#12     Jun 12, 2007
  3. siki13

siki13

I dont know one thing about options
    but your example sounds like newbie
    blowing up.
    Like i sad before if you know how to trade like Daniel knows how to play poker
    you cant lose 80% of your money and i am not taking about one hand or one trade(Daniel played poker for several days there).

#13     Jun 12, 2007
  4. TOM134

TOM134

5. S2007S

S2007S

wow, you know about MOBL.ob. I started following that stock years ago when it was trading under 9 cents. Then out of no where it took off, never invested in it but you are the 1st person I know to mention it.

#15     Jun 12, 2007
  6. Are you the real Tim Sykes? If so, you added some much needed fun to that show you were on. Folks, we have a celebrity trader on here. Good trading to you.

JAC

#16     Jun 12, 2007
  7. 1. Stop listening to your friend.
    2. Read at least 10 books on trading
    3. Read some more
    4. Did I mention to stop listening to others for stock advice.
    5. Do your own homework

then...

maybe you will be better at it.

#17     Jun 13, 2007
  8. hire a mentor

study game theory

study risk management

i don't care how good a methodology you have. if you don't have discipline, structure, and solid money management, you are doomed.

see: risk of ruin

#18     Jun 13, 2007
  9. Hmmmm Tim sykes from Wall Street Warriors? Dude we have to go golfing sometime!

#19     Jun 17, 2007
  10. Stop peddling your wares if you're not a site sponsor. You should read the site rules.

#20     Jun 17, 2007