6 yr Veteran trader looking...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MVP, May 9, 2002.

1. xtrader

xtrader

few positive traders left...

#11     May 19, 2002
  2. I dont think I would want to team up with anyone trading the Nasdaq 500.

#12     May 19, 2002
  3. machine

machine

Where do you live and how do you see working together with other traders?
    I'm asking because I'm switching from scalping to the trading style you described (even though it's not that easy:)) and I'd like to share ideas about trading.

-----------------------------
    machine (3 yr Veteran)

#13     May 19, 2002
  4. MVP

MVP

I may be relocating. S. Florida is a possibility.

I am considering offers by various trading firms, which would benefit a trading team.

Please provide information on your background and trading style.

#14     May 19, 2002
  5. Fitz

Fitz

I noticed the 6 yr Veteran part and is it just me or is that an oxymoron?

I mean only 6 years and you are a Veteran. Now when I talk with my friends that have been trading for 20+ years, I consider them to be a Veterans.

Not knocking anyone in the thread at all. I've just seen this used so many times by so many people who I would consider rookie at best that it came time I had to say something.

Carry On

#15     May 19, 2002
  6. lyl797

lyl797

Hi, I am baffled here! Why do you want to look for another trader to trade with you ?

If I am a 6-year veteran, I want to trade in my home, with Realtick kind of software connect to realtime data and trade alone, maybe get into some chat room chat a bit .... but why
    trade with another trader ?

I am a newbie to ask naive question, I guess ...

Lyl

#16     May 19, 2002
  7. ROFL

#17     May 19, 2002
  8. MVP

MVP

Allow me to clarify...

I spent the last 6 years strictly trading. My financial career is much longer, which includes experience as a NASDAQ MM, Inst. Trader, Alternative Fund Mgr, Head Trader...

#18     May 19, 2002
  9. I'm thinking of trading the INDY 500.

#19     May 19, 2002
  10. potrader

potrader

What type of an arrangement? I've backed traders before and 9 times out of 10 they didn't make money.

I've only been trading for since '96, but during that time I also had the opportunity to develop a firm (we were purchased by another firm).

What do you think you can bring to the table?

#20     May 19, 2002