6 out of every 7 CTAs use mechanical systems???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Feb 4, 2009.

1. wat

Source: http://www.breakoutfutures.com/

And then they go on to try and sell you a few systems, one of which is $5k, wtf????

2. PaulAB

PaulAB

Yes I bought minimax a few years ago but it had so many optimised parameters (about 9 if I recall) could make it show whatever results you liked. The guy who runs it I found to be a very straight forward and dare I say it honest man - which in itself is a breath of fresh air.

Reliability looks a bit better although I am not sure I could take 19 losers in a Row which the portfolio results suggest.

Can anybody stear me towards a good ES/Russell daytrading system - they seem to be few and far between - I would be happy to pay good money for a decent simple robust system - any suggestions would be much appreciated.

3. Have a look at the systems at striker.com

4. PaulAB

PaulAB

Thanks Fluttrader

Striker like to trade them for you and many of the systems they list are only available through striker. I have tried this in the past and found once your in a DD and have no idea what criteria are being used to enter or exit the trade its psychologically really difficult to not pull the plug.

Such success that I have had has come from system which are fully disclosed so at least you know why your losing money !

The trading visions ones listed on striker are - in my opinion good systems and fully disclosed.

The Joe Krutsinger systems I have seen have all been very poor indeed maybe the 5k one at Breakout futures above is better.

I have trawled through the pages of FT and pretty well exhausted the ES/TF day trdaing systems there - any other suggestions or recommendations of good disclosed systems would be much appreciated

5. here are some places that offer systems - (for monthly fee)

timertrac.com
    collective2.com
    strategyrunner.com (look under systems)