6 months of riots in Hong Kong?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by trader888i, Dec 13, 2019.

1. the riots in Hong Kong for 6 months has never occurred before. The level of violence and size of the protest leading the non-stop protesting that will not end.

Has the protest had any effect on the stock market in hong kong,,no alibaba even listed in the city.

the hong kong stock market doesn't seem to be effected by the protest at all.

What is weird is this thing in Hong Kong can get worse...as the Beijing gov't will may never submit to demands of protesters and would let the economy of ordinary business suffer and people lose their jobs than give into demands from protesters, and they are accusing American spies or American agitators in causing the riots and congress for showing suppport for the protesters.?

the people suffering the most from the unrest are business owners shutting down business and laying off workers.
    basically these 'hong kongers' are just shooting themselves in the foot for nothing
    for these riots calling for 'democracy' and 'freedom' hong kong has lots of freedoms and even freer than US in terms of economic freedom. and individual freedoms.
    and having freedoms and democracy won't bring back the jobs too.
    it's like some dumb kids want to die for 'democracy' etc. and 'LOVE' ==hong kong rather than reality and consequences of these protest===they are destroying their own future with these protesting,, the city may not recover from these riots for decades if ever.

it takes years and decades for a country to recover from civil unrest or wars. and all for nothing.

2. Reminds me of occupy wall street, that's the model ccp should follow if they want it to be a nothing burger

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. themickey

themickey

What ya reckon, better being a weak limp wristed wimp?
    dr-evil.gif

4. gaussian

gaussian

Wow...

Ah now it makes sense. You're a pro-China shill.

Seems like he doesn't understand why a country would want freedom from the tyranny of China.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    beginner66 and themickey like this.
  5. luisHK

luisHK

Quite typical of mainland chinese afaik, the heavy handed information control and propaganda from their government does pay off.
    Just a few days ago, Mrs who´d been reading mainland news told me there were huge riots in Paris, worse than the darkest days of downtown Paris destruction during last year Yellow Vest related riots. Had to google the issue as this wasn´t front page material neither in international nor french news, and it turns out there are strikes but nothing out of the ordinary for french unionised workers.
    China is very keen on showing its citizens a chaotic West and balance it with its allegedly more stable form of governance - where if you disagree you lose right to travel overseas than disappear, but who in their right mainlander mind would care about such trivial details ?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  6. tsznecki

tsznecki

@trader888i If you are going to shill, at least be more discreet.

7. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

Hey, he's just trying to increase his social credit score. He gets less points for being discreet!

:D:D:D

8. it's a communist country or one party country.
    tyranny is when you have one man like north korea who controlls everything and power is transferred from inheritance and no elected. leaders i the communist party are elected.

9. it's a comment on the market, i guess you call it a shill if it's doesn't agree with your bias anti-China views in the US media ad US congress. Hong Kong rioters think the Americans will help THEM? that is the plan by Americans to destroy China,,and goal. cause China is a competitor and has so much economic influence in China. it's such a big economy. Hong Kong really depends on China investment not American investment. Hong Kongers waiving the American flag and burning the China flag...these people would shot for treason.

10. Hong Kong fools. Hong Kong is not a country and never was. And Trump is not a friend...US is just customer okay! bad , whining , bitch customer always bitching and complaining.

#10     Dec 13, 2019