6 monitors, different video cards, having PROBLEMS!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by omaha, Jan 7, 2009.

1. OP - you could try a different brand of card that is build for that?

I run a Matrox G450 quad card... I can get up to 5 monitors, 4 on the card and 1 on the motherboard. We also run dual quads to get up to 8 monitors. The Matrox cards aren't cheap - but they are built for what we do, rather than gaming. They are a little loud (air cooled) and a little expensive, but worth EVERY penny of them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814106001

Sorry my suggestion doesn't offer a solution without buying new cards. These Matrox cards really work though... We buy for about $500 each - PM me if you are interested.

#11     Jan 7, 2009
  2. EvilC0P

EvilC0P

Most likely a driver conflict.

But could be a power related problem. meaning , do you have a powerfull enough PowerSupply to feed everything in your machine?

or have you tried putting that 9500 card in a different PCI slot ?
    could be an irq conflict.

good luck

#12     Jan 13, 2009
  3. in vista even if you use the same kind of card it will not always work. i have a hp with a geforce 8400 card. i wanted to run 3 monitors so i bought a nvs 280 pci card. even though both are nvidia based they not compatible. vista disables one card every time. never did find a pci card that would work

#13     Jan 13, 2009
  4. IMO...you have 5 too many monitors...I simply trade off of a $500 compaq presario...that is all you need...seriously!

#14     Jan 13, 2009
  5. Shagi

Shagi

I have got 6 monitors and will increase them to 8. You will know you need more if your requirements demand so.

#15     Jan 13, 2009
  6. please, do break down what is showing on each of your 8 screens (or 6)...really really interested...seriously!

#16     Jan 13, 2009
  7. Shagi

Shagi

Screen 1 - Index Futures
    Screen 2 - Metals & Meats
    Screen 3 - Interest Rate Futures & Order Entry
    Screen 4 - Currencies
    Screen 5 - Softs & Grains
    Screen 6 - Grains & Meats

I need 2 more screens on a seperate computer- One for Order Entry Only & the other for internet/research

#17     Jan 13, 2009
  8. Shagi

Shagi

I have traded before with just a laptop - but its a pain in the rear - flip flopping charts/order entry/internet etc - it all dpends on what you are doing.

#18     Jan 13, 2009
  9. Shagi

Shagi

Screen 6 should read - Energy Futures

#19     Jan 13, 2009
  10. Shagi

Shagi

More screens does not necessarily mean more profits or more losses - for me its a fatigue and stress factor ( because i dont use mechanical or automated trading systems)

#20     Jan 13, 2009