6-Monitor w/P4 motherboard - ideas?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ken_DTU, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Sweeet setup.

F-Trader what you pay for those 19" samsungs?

I have a couple 17" samsungs that are crystal clear. Are the 19" just a crisp? What resolution do they support?

#21     Dec 1, 2002
  2. I'm very happy with my new setup :D

The system is blindingly fast.

I previoulsly had 19" Sony Trinitrons (CRT)

I like these Samsungs 191T much better :cool: It took several days to get used to the smaller fonts. I am running 1280 x 1024. I was getting headaches with my (CRT). Now I can view my monitors 12-18 hours without any problems.

Monitors are the MOST important part of any system, you must protect your eyes.

I got them thru DELL (1900FP) same monitor except it does not offer PORTRAIT position. The directions etc... are all Samsung.

I got them on sale last week for $724 incl FREE shipping.

Last month they were $1,299.

This is the best flat panel on the market except for the EIZO, which is twice the cost and does not look as good. My bezel (frame) is .70 inch very small. The monitors almost look as the are connected.

I did a lot of research putting this system together.

Good Luck.

Edit: DELL offers a Free 30 day return policy, no guestions asked. This is very, very important when dealing with flat panels and bad pixels.

#22     Dec 1, 2002
  3. Yes, you are right. the 1900FP is a samsung. the support stand is identical to my samsung 17" 170S. i pain $500.00 a piece for mine, the price you paid is absolutely fantasic but the deal is gone ...price now $899.00.

damn...i'd love to have that additional two inches to work with:D

#23     Dec 1, 2002
  4. You wouldn't believe how mucher bigger 2" is on a Flat Panel.

In this case, SIZE does matter :p

#24     Dec 1, 2002
  5. miniTrdr

miniTrdr

for any PC hardware check out
    www.pricewatch.com - search engine for prices on computer hardware
    samsung 19" lcd start at $780

#25     Dec 1, 2002
  6. I have used pricewatch before, I would NOT recommend buying this flat panel Samsung 191T (DELL 1900FP) thru anyone except DELL.

DELL has a 30 day no questions asked return policy, for any reason.

Flat panel monitors MAY possibly have a problem with BAD pixels. This is common.

Most companies require that at least 6-10 pixels are damaged b4 they will replace. If 2-5 pixels are damaged then you are SOL.

This is the number #1 reason I bought thru DELL, it also helped that it was on sale for $724. :D

BTW, Gateway has a shitty return policy on flat panels, stay away from them.

Good Luck.

#26     Dec 2, 2002
  7. mktman

mktman

Got my 191t from Best Buy.
    The real thing.
    A samsung.
    Couldnt be happier.

Carefull with Dell.
    Have a friend who bought a second 1900fp from Dell.
    Says the quality of the screen not as good as the first one.

I have had trouble returning items with Dell even though they are at fault.

Dell isnt what it used to be.

#27     Dec 2, 2002
  8. I have had problems with my P4 845E chipset sometimes not recognizing monitors using a Matrox G200 MMS PCI four monitor card. I also have an AGP card installed. If I go into control panel and add new hardware (to add monitors) rather than have windows try to detect the monitor, then they work fine. Also, while working to resolve this issue, I have learned that all PCI slots are not created equal. There are subtle differences in the PCI slot next to the AGP slot and the PCI slot farthest from the AGP slot. I have been told to not use either of these PCI slots for PCI video if possible. This might not be true on all motherboards, but it might be worth a try.

Good Luck

#28     Dec 2, 2002
  9. This is true of most motherboards. When having troubles with add-on cards, one of the quick tests is to try another slot on the board. :)

#29     Dec 2, 2002