6 Career-killing Facebook Mistakes

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TraderTactics, Apr 16, 2010.

1. He's clearly off the map.

#41     Apr 21, 2010
  2. What if his logic is the wave of the future? He can't be the only one who entertains these thoughts.

#42     Apr 21, 2010
  3. Then the future will either change the way corporate america looks at social networking, or contain a lot of unemployed facebook users. Either way, I'm fine with it.

#43     Apr 21, 2010
  4. Logic is not the word I would use, but anyways. I would actually take his line of thinking a bit more seriously if I have not read his other posts.

There are fields where heavy facebook activity is a plus, such as entertainment, music, PR & marketing. But when it comes to professional and corporate fields in finance, trading and such, you would want to avoid that.

#44     Apr 21, 2010
  5. +1

#45     Apr 21, 2010
  6. I guess this is the thinking of those who labored away in the 80s and 90s. Keep a low profile, don't say anything out of line and try to stay under the radar. This usd to be a great growth strategy. As the economy grew back then, you were assured to get your raise and bonus so long as you did not piss anyone off. Today, this same strategy is merely a survival strategy and will just keep you employed from day to day.

Today, the business environment is much more competitive and you have to think outside of the box. For example, did you know that some videos placed on Youtube...random videos by ordinary people...get over a million views in very short time? A free youtube video yields more product exposure then a commercial which costs hundreds of thousands to put into production. As for Facebook, as well, there are people out there with tens of thousands, if not millions, of fans. This is another avenue for product exposure.

There are influential and celebrity-like people on Facebook that I have spoken with over chat and by the messaging system on that site who I never thought I would be able to have a conversation. People who others scramble to get a hold of or would die for to meet in real life. That is whats called networking and Facebook offers you a unique opportunity for a nice 30 second elevator speech and to put your face in front of a good contact.

You can choose to bury your head in the sand then I know what the result will be. You will become like the masses who you see on the road each day. Your fate will be ordinary and your business will just chug along in survival mode.

If you fail to see the signifigance of Youtube and Facebook then I feel sorry for your employers. Obviously, they just like ordinary people who enjoy staying under the radar. Im not saying those are bad people...they are just not part of my strategy in life.

As for my "other posts", keep in mind that I really dont care what you think. I am just a casual user of these message boards. Sometimes my posts are serious and other times they reflect humor. I am not going to come back on here to clarify my posts because I dont care. Nor am I worried about "web cred" on Elitetrader because I have no stake in this website or in whatever games are played here. I am simply not interested in what you think because you are some guy in Texas sitting in a random office building. Your life does not apply to me. So take my posts as a grain of salt.

#46     Apr 21, 2010
  7. No, I think your company is unprofitable because of bad management and failure to grasp new technologies. A reliance on what worked in the past and an attitude that is set in its ways. If you are representative of the management there...hot headed...set in their ways...then that is truely telling of the situation at your company.

No worries. I have witnessed companies meander for years unprofitable like this with bone headed management that simply doesnt get it. You will be able to collect your salary every two weeks and that bonus so long as they can keep diluting the stock and selling their corporate bonds. You will be able to get by for a while.

#47     Apr 21, 2010
  8. Hot headed....LOL! Yes, I'm hot headed because I disagree with you.

Folks were right, you are a lunatic.

#48     Apr 21, 2010
  9. And neither have the desired effect.

#49     Apr 21, 2010
  10. Frankly, your posts are plain retarded. But not without entertainment value, so keep it up.

#50     Apr 21, 2010