6/28 Caution - Window Dressing...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Don Bright, Jun 28, 2002.

1. The imbalances come out on our quote line on Redi, but they are also disseminated via Dow Jones News wire. Check your service, they should have access to this (beneficial) service.

Don

#21     Jun 28, 2002
  2. That fits into the general premise of window dressing...but today we have the other variable of balancing the indexes.

Generally, you see a bit of a reversal on Monday.....but the best part about being a trader is that "we don't care"....until Monday happens!!

:)

Have a good weekend!!

Don

#22     Jun 28, 2002
  3. Don,

Great call on last week's mark-up/window dressing getting reversed today.

#23     Jul 1, 2002
  4. I love that picture of gordon, could be the 3rd year in a row that the markets in a down trend, that hasnt happened since 41 when there was a war going on.

#24     Jul 1, 2002
  5. Ah, yes....genius that is I.....(at least this time)....

On a serious note...so much of the basic stuff out there is overlooked when so many look for "magic" in their trading...

Don

#25     Jul 1, 2002
  6. xstek

xstek

Mr. Bright, outstanding observation. So many are looking for the Holy Grail of trading, that they don't realize that the Grail sits between every traders ears :cool:
    To be a successful trader one MUST understand the basics. Back in the roaring 90's, I even knew people that, according to them, would sell shares of their mutual funds around window dressing days, to get a little extra pop in price. And yes I had a short bias this morning and was short all day:D

xstek

#26     Jul 1, 2002