6/28 Caution - Window Dressing...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Don Bright, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Don,

Glad you started this thread, and warned most novice(s) about the window dressing. This is even a good reminder to the trench warfare soldiers, who finally looked up and noticed that they moved the lines forward.

After dodging and ducking the downturns, lately, the rally for the last few days has really been relief. However, its most likely, that as soon as the Accountants go home after the end of the quarter, and the windows are dressed, they'll be sacked.

Glad to have you back, and glad not to be the only contriversal commentator out here.

PS. Does any one else, just love that Gordon Gecko gif? (picture under signiture)

#11     Jun 28, 2002
  2. I like the Gecko picture as well...pretty cool!!

Don

#12     Jun 28, 2002
  3. I don't see people buying PG (yet). It's been hotter than hot. Maybe they already own all they want.

#13     Jun 28, 2002
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

LOL. :) It's been a while since I've seen dear departed Gilda, but I think what Rosanne used to say was, "It's always something...."

#14     Jun 28, 2002
  5. ummmm, yeah, that's the ticket!

#15     Jun 28, 2002
  6. Now that the imbalances have come out, you can see the large blocks of trades that have been entered MOC. There seems to be more sells than buys (at least on my watch list) IBM, BMY, PFE, WMT, are some of the bigger posted sell imbalances....let's see if the last few minutes can get the market up for the day.....

Just information to help with your overall tape reading...

Don

#16     Jun 28, 2002
  7. thanks for the heads up btw. I never really paid attention to this before.

#17     Jun 28, 2002
  8. Also, the rebalancing of the Index's and the funds that relate to them is another thing to look for...and this is reflected in the imbalances as well.

Don

#18     Jun 28, 2002
  9. wouldn't it be safe to assume that anything that closes negative today was probably dumped, and vice versa?

#19     Jun 28, 2002
  10. are these posted somewhere's on a website?

how are you notified of the imbalances / MOC's?

#20     Jun 28, 2002