5th Annual Surf Fest NYC-- 2.21.2009

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by marketsurfer, Jan 16, 2009.

1. No problem. Where we go is pretty rustic but they have a solid broadband connection and a wonderful conference room.
    The flys are the priority and we trade when they aren't. Plenty of time for both.

#71     Feb 23, 2009

2. Just bought a satellite phone/net connection, should be fine anywhere.

Are spin fishers allowed? my fly casting is limited to bluegills and small bass--- far from being ready for salmon!
    :D

#72     Feb 23, 2009

3. What a great time, annaland! Wanted to thank you for helping me with everything, would not have been possible otherwise. looking forward to next year!!

love,
    surf

#73     Feb 23, 2009
  4. Vienna

Vienna

Yes that was actually a very nice event... missed the chance to talk much to Spyder, but had a drink or two with Surf, my friend the Prof and the Red Baron or Duke.. I also verified that Annaland actually exists - had actually thought she was a figment of Surf's imagination!

Thanks again...

#74     Feb 23, 2009
  5. Oh, we don't fish for salmon up there . . . trout. I suppose you can bring your spinner but I imagine people will look strangely at you like they do me for taking long naps in the water.

The connection in the conference room is broadband and solid. You could use the sat phone in your room though.

This place we go is so gorgeous you might want to move there . . . well maybe not . . . anna probably wouldn't go for it.

#75     Feb 24, 2009
  6. You would have been impressed with Spyder, Vienna. Great seeing you again, now on to Spring.

#76     Feb 24, 2009
  7. Actually, I take pleasure in the boondocks. Provided there are no bugs, no dirt; my laptop, cell phone and hair dryer work, I can shower with hot water; sleep on clean, ironed 600 count Egyptian cotton sheets with 2 pillows and david burke prepares my three course meals. :p

On a more sensible note, I do enjoy the wilderness but only for relatively short periods of time.

#77     Feb 24, 2009
  8. The bugs and dirt are outside. Your laptop, cell phone and hair dryer will will fine. There is plenty of hot water but the shower is small. The sheets are clean but I bring my own 1000 count sheets (I'm spoiled). I bring my own pillows too. As far as DB goes . . . we will leave that up to you to talk to Rusty (camp owner) to replace his chef for the week . . . :D

You and my wife must be kindred spirits with the exception of the chef. She cooks better than most I've had the pleasure of experiencing, including my own creations.

#78     Feb 24, 2009