5th Annual Surf Fest NYC-- 2.21.2009

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by marketsurfer, Jan 16, 2009.

1. I wish to thank Surf and Anna for bringing together such a nice group of traders from all over to the Cigar Bar and thank
    those who attended for letting me put a 'face' to their ET member

I also wish to thank anyone who was able to deal with my rambling about my newest "edge" and to thank those who made an extra effort to attend the surfest last night

I only wish there were a "non smokers" section

:)

#51     Feb 22, 2009
  2. Thanks Surf and Anna for putting on this event !!

What a great time last night.

It was a pleasure to talk to so many and to actually meet surf and the people that help make ET the asset that it is.

I can say that for being my first time to NYC it was better than I hoped it would be and was a worthwhile trip.

Next time I WILL pack aspirin and an extra set of lungs for the next day. : o )

Thanks again

Bob

#52     Feb 22, 2009
  3. are you folks now going to be staying for the trading expo?

#53     Feb 22, 2009
  4. I am at the Newark airport to go home as I write this so not I.

Took me all of one hour to talk to all the vendors I was interested in talking to. I don't trade Forex and it appeared every other booth was forex related.

There is a couple of paid seminars that I am interested in and may try during the next expo.

#54     Feb 22, 2009
  5. ess1096

ess1096

Is anyone going to post some pics, or are you protecting the innocent? :D

I wish I would have read this post sooner, living on Long Island it's just a train ride away. As usual I am a day late and a dollar short. :D

#55     Feb 22, 2009
  6. Diode

Diode

If any of you are going to Jurrien Timmer's "State of the Market" presentation today at 1:30pm, perhaps I'll run into you there.

Diode

#56     Feb 22, 2009
  7. Thanks to everyone for attending! It was a great time. Next year we'll shoot for a snazzy, nonsmoking venue.

#57     Feb 22, 2009
  8. Seth, thanks for the donut. I’m an expert in sweets and, trust and believe people, it was delicious!

#58     Feb 22, 2009
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Surf and Anna,

Thanks a lot for organizing the meet up. It was great. Wish you could have stayed longer.

It is always great to talk to other traders. And putting faces to ET alias is nice as well.

Regards,
    Redduke

#59     Feb 22, 2009
  10. Just to follow up, I loved that it was at a cigar bar and I had my share of cigars : o )

#60     Feb 22, 2009