5K to 5 BILLION

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ProfitProphet, Oct 27, 2006.

1. The 6M results are
    PCLN +66.22%
    HUM +49.14%
    GM +47.16%
    N +41.41%
    CVC +40.42%

1M results, 1W, 1D... Then there's compounding of each period. Then you start distributing capital over periods. The numbers are unbelievable to my superiors and they have seen both the charts and the executions... They are numbers folks simply don't understand because they don't look at what's on the horizon. The point is, the opportunity has always been there, but most obscure it from view...

#21     Oct 27, 2006
  2. "If you get up to 100 million say, and lose it all, think of it as only losing 5K. That was your risk. The rest is the house's money"

Easy to say until the money is real. Me thinks if you actually got to a 100 million you'd be revising your strategy, and you'd be a damn fool if you didn't. Actually that would happen long before 100 million.
    Good luck though. People gotta' have a dream!

#22     Oct 27, 2006
  3. The market is down 25 as of now and my position is holding on. (DTV)

+19.2% as of this writing and held position for 10 weeks now. At this rate I will meet my first goal maybe less than 12 months.

Market is down yet DTV is not down with it. That tells me my candidate is strong. We'll see.

Very clever Thunderdog. Hope you didn't stay up all night thinking of that one. I may be a shithead but I'm a wealthy shithead. While, you, you're just a shithead.

#23     Oct 27, 2006
  4. It may be worth while for you to consider compounding. In otherwords, assume that you can pick off 2% a week, an extremely reasonable sum. Without compounding, over the course of a year you will realize 104% assuming your 2% is net of comm. However, if you compound each weeks 2% gain (ie. 1.02^52-1), you attain 180%. Solving for t when gain reaches 100%, you get 35weeks. In other words, you reach your 100% goal 17 weeks sooner when you compound... :cool:

#24     Oct 27, 2006
  5. Is that the current euphemism for having a rich imagination?

#25     Oct 27, 2006
  6. OK makosqu, how do I compound?

Remember, I'm trading thru an IRA to get the benefit of tax free compounding. No margin or options (exception selling covered calls) allowed.

The only way I see to compound is to inject maximum allowable contribution once year then add that to gains or not when you liquidate and enter new position.

#26     Oct 27, 2006
  7. Jesus Christ was prosecuted for claiming to be the son of God.

Issac Newton was a heretic for claiming that mankind could one day fly.

wealthy shithead euphemism for rich imagination. I guess so. I just can't put one past you, can I thunderdog.

Go put your cash in mutual funds like the rest of working America. This thread is not where you belong.

#27     Oct 27, 2006
  8. If I keep hitting 2X2X2X2...on my calculator, it eventually gets to 5 billion.

#28     Oct 27, 2006
  9. The whole point of this thread is that it is POSSIBLE to double your money every year. Unlikely, sure. But possible.

Do not bet your life savings on this strategy. I divide my maximum contributions among 3 IRAs. Each trades a different strategy. The other 2 earn approximately 40% and 22%. This is by far the riskiest.

#29     Oct 27, 2006
  10. Quite right. I definitely do not belong in this thread, Isaac. Or would you rather that I call you Jesus?

But seriously, which one be you?
    [​IMG]
    (Borrowing, with thanks, from an unrelated post by riskarb.)

#30     Oct 27, 2006