$5k e-mini journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by walter4, Jul 21, 2008.

1. This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. You're confusing charts with indicators (eg. "rearview mirror"). There are traders who use charts to spot support/resistance and, more importantly, trend reversals. Unless you have a photographic memory, such a feat would be nearly impossible with DOM alone.

#71     Sep 18, 2008
  2. I beg to differ. Undercapitalization is one of the main reasons why traders fail. The rationale is simple: Being undercapitalized means you risk trading with scared money. This puts too much psychological strain on most traders and that will ultimately have an adverse effect on their bottom line.

#72     Sep 18, 2008
  3. Pita

Pita

absolutely true. Sorry to say but with 5k I cannot think of any e-mini you could trade unless you have money to play with.
    Leverage and this fast money thinking is just bringing most down to their knees. With such small account size I would only trade options on SPY,QQQQ and other liquid ETFs as at least one thing to hold onto is that the full risk is clear on the table whenever you enter unlike it is with futures or stocks.

#73     Sep 18, 2008