$5k e-mini journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by walter4, Jul 21, 2008.

1. About 5 years old, P4 3.2GHz.

btw, I started having problems after installing FireFox 3. I'll try to fix it by reverting to previous Ghost image.

#51     Sep 2, 2008
  2. asap

asap

walter

ur da man

just skip the phucking charts, you can replace them by redtube.com which is more effective for picking the perfect entries and exits

#52     Sep 2, 2008
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

that's plenty of power, keep java up to date and have at least 1G of RAM is all I can think of.

#53     Sep 2, 2008
  4. boid-dog

boid-dog

Walter, think about the possibility of trading the Russell. Breakouts (when everything is in alignment) are very fast, and are usually good for a quick 10 ticks w/o much retracement. This a.m. was a great example. The two down moves yielded about 30 pts each. Watch the vol and trades---look for block trades (multiples). I usually have to place mkt orders because it's so fast. There was an opportunity setup for 10 ticks, got out and back in a couple of times. I diddled around earlier (was up as much as $300) and then negative going into that trade, which put me over the top.

Often traders keep an ES, YM, $SPX, ZB, in small 5 min plain OHLC format. You can watch for correlations...what's leading, etc. to give you heads up. I've seen pros doing this on the screen as well as the floor (looking at the boards overhead). They also know the prem. and keep that in the back of their mind.

Obviously things have changed some; we know that gold & oil was a sleeper for a long time, so now it pays to know what's been going on overnight. And play off the news, but be really careful there--although some guys trade the news and go home for the day. You can also get your ass ground up...

Good trading.

#54     Sep 2, 2008
  5. Good info, many thanks!

#55     Sep 2, 2008
  6. Day 9 results: +$29 on 12 YM contracts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good schooling today.

#56     Sep 15, 2008
  7. limau2

limau2

Walter...

seems you are progressing..
    you passed the 'survivor phase 1' test.

why not u try the pro version of e mini? the ES...

reason :

1. USD50 per 1 point,
    2. most liquid of all.
    3. you start with others, but you'll end up in ES someday

the yM is fine...

#57     Sep 15, 2008

8. LOL

You still having fun on the simulators then mate?? LOL :D :D

I guess your just 'too cool' for the charts!! :p :D

Why would you need to see where the support and resistance levels are when you can just feel them!! LOL

#58     Sep 15, 2008
  9. I'll definitely try ES/ER2. Right now I'm just hoping to get my account back to normal. Currently at ~$3.6k

#59     Sep 15, 2008
  10. vingbel

vingbel

Okay, you got me. These boards are full of traders who trade using charts. What method do you recommend instead?

#60     Sep 15, 2008