$5k e-mini journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by walter4, Jul 21, 2008.

1. No, haven't got to charttrader yet. I'll give it a look when I have the time. Congrats on your results!

Nkhoi,

thanks for the idea. I was just looking at Sierra Chart for back testing.

#41     Aug 25, 2008
  2. bathrobe

bathrobe

You, like many others gave up on trading because you own the wrong kind of mouse.

#42     Aug 25, 2008
  3. bathrobe

bathrobe

Seriously though when looking at your chart with entries and exits you enter and exit at the same bar nearly every time. Try sticking with your idea if you feel strongly about it and pick a stop you can afford to lose and trade again. And see what materializes.

#43     Aug 25, 2008
  4. Brand68

Brand68

No chart= no money=no life.

#44     Aug 25, 2008
  5. Never allow a profitable trade to become a loser, that is, a trade that reaches your initial profit target should be locked in at breakeven, plus one tick for commissions. Assuming you use profit targets, only you can decide where those should be, as part of your system.

With your first profit target in mind, a more profitable question might be 'when do I move my stop to breakeven +1 tick?'

Works for me. Success.

#45     Aug 25, 2008
  6. god, this journal is such good laughs, lol

#46     Aug 25, 2008
  7. Well I know I would have thrown in the towell after losing more than a third, so a better move might be to devote some time to watching the bloomberg calendar.

Breakout trades are some of the quickest money you can make. Put buy and sell stops OCO seconds before a major market moving news release on opposite sides of the market, and take the profit when they move.

Does anyone else like suggesting breakout trading for Walter? If you don't win, quit for the day, wait till next week.

#47     Aug 25, 2008
  8. It looks like he is catching the breakouts, but he's not sticking with them. Draw a triangle, climb that ladder, don't jump off when you don't slip off the rung. Like the other guy said, move that stop to break even +1, Yee Haw, ride that pony!

Here's his problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU1pD4xPe2M&feature=related

#48     Aug 26, 2008
  9. Day 8 results: +$60 on 1 YM contract

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Total humiliation. I exited the trade 90 points too early, breaking my own rules. 30 min later my platform crashed. I'm going to reinstall Windows, this is pointless.

#49     Sep 2, 2008
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

hold old is your pc?, my last crash was many years ago.

#50     Sep 2, 2008