$5k e-mini journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by walter4, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Thank you Wareco, and others, for your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

I wasn't really fighting it, just couldn't figure out the stops. Trades #1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16 were shorts.
    I think I'll take the advice and move to YM.

#11     Jul 28, 2008
  2. You should paper trade until you actually learn what you are doing.

What you did was the equivalent of driving on the freeway without a license ... scary.

#12     Jul 28, 2008
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

you might have some success with sim ecry and thought it will be the same with live trade. Sim ecry can't keep up if you click really fast thus it will give you an unrealistic result. the realistic way to trade on sim ecry is 1 trade per 5m or longer, this will give the software time to record your trade properly.

#13     Jul 28, 2008
  4. My OEC simulator has expired, I guess they expect me to pay for it. Ninja simulator requires "3 button mouse". I'm using a trackball.

x x x

Day 2 results: -$263 on 9 YM contracts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today was pretty much a repeat of yesterday. I hit the circuit breaker and called it a day. My strategy was to trade "with the market", which obviously is not as easy as it looks. I definitely don't want to use predictioning/TA as I believe that intraday moves are mostly just noise. Anyway, I think I'm starting to understand this game of probabilities.

I do plan to close the account in the very near future. It's 11am and it feels great that I'm done.

#14     Jul 29, 2008
  5. Day 3 results: +$125 on 7 YM contracts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I started fading myself. It helped, but only partially. I have twice added to a winning position, just to see it reverse immediately and head for my stops.

#15     Jul 30, 2008
  6. Day 4 results: -$370 on 13 YM contracts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I give up.

#16     Aug 4, 2008
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

wise choice!

#17     Aug 4, 2008
  8. DonKee

DonKee

Not to pick on you, but do you understand that your decision making process said it's "okay" to try to trade with real money before you have a strategy that you can document a positive return on in sim/backtesting and knowing what your expected variance would be?

Other than getting "lucky" short term, your chances of success were about the same as closing your eyes and running across the freeway during rush hour.

Don't feel bad. Thousands of people have tried this before you. Some learn and get better, while others move on.

#18     Aug 4, 2008
  9. ammo

ammo

you could do the freeway thing with your eyes open,you will still get nailed eventually,so you do it only on sunday mornings when your odds are better,dont trade to trade ,pick your spots and take em ,right now your new so you wont see many ,so you sit on your hands til you do,learning not to trade is a very tough lesson to master

#19     Aug 4, 2008
  10. Started revenge trading, but I managed to regain control and pull out. I'm down $364.36 for the day.

#20     Aug 4, 2008