58.com (WUBA) - China's Craigslist

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by lwlee, Oct 31, 2013.

1. lwlee

lwlee

Surprised no mention on this board. It IPOed today and is up 40%.

Profitable company. Valuation is not too excessive. At IPO price of $14-17, it was valued around $1.2 billion.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly

everything coming from China is garbage,

only a short trip there will tell you all you need to know about that country and the garbage companies it produces

3. lwlee

lwlee

Geez, ET is sure attracting the cream of the crop since it's do-over.

WUBA up 10% today.

4. Butterfly

Butterfly

surely investors and traders are not drinking the Chinese Kool Aid and believe all the crap and shit that country is exporting physically and financially

having lived and done business in the region for more than a decade, I am still surprised how "naive" western investors are when they come across Chinese managed companies

5. Are you Gordon Chang? That guy has been calling for the collapse of China for two decades. Nope, still nothing happening.

6. Butterfly

Butterfly

how naive and cute,

I heard the same arguments and saw the same attitude before the 2008 subprime meltdown and the dot crash of 2000

China will crash, it's a given, but when is the only question

it's perfectly normal for an economy to crash and burn after decades of uncontrolled growth. No mystery in that.

7. There is no mystery at all. Eventually all great civilizations collapse. The Roman Empire, the Han Dynasty, Spain, the Ottoman Empire, the British Empire and yes, when the time comes.... Pax Americana. Keep going on though, eventually a broken clock is right twice a day.

8. zdreg

zdreg

your remark would show authenticity if you have been shorting chinese companies and made a mint through your efforts.

9. 0008

I am always interested to know the values of their predictions. Everything will collapse sooner or later. The scientists predict the sun will expand and eat the Earth billion years later. Do we need to concern?

10. Butterfly

Butterfly

I don't pretend that I can market time perfectly the Chinese collapse, that's quite a naive assumption to make

why would I want to waste time market timing a market that I know will collapse at a random time ? and follow the silly crowd in the process ? it's a fool market, last thing you need is to be involved with a bunch of fools. If some silly investors want to pour money in some speculative and "corrupted" Chinese businesses, who am I to stop them ?

#10     Nov 6, 2013