578k added to workforce as economy surges

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

But are they also counting all the people dropping out via disability and retirement?

My opinion that the implicit social contract, one man one job, is gonna have to change (clearly it is already) by necessity. Automation, productivity gains, offshoring, we simply do not need as many people working to produce X level of life's necessities.

#21     Nov 2, 2012
  2. I like Romney's plan to increase job creation. He becomes President, and jobs are created by his mere presence in the Oval Office. Millions of business owners are turning down business and expansion opportunities simply because Obama is President. All we have to do is switch White House characters and voila, we'll have 8% growth.

He says he knows how to create Jobs. What's he going to do as President, expand the federal workforce?

The private sector creates jobs. And oh my goodness, all those strangling regulations that are being imposed on businesses like Koch industries. These guys claim to be strangled but they are grossing 100 billion a year. I'd like to get strangled like that also.

Businesses discovered after the crash that they could do as much with
    a smaller labor force. Business owners are not going to hire out of the goodness of their hearts, they'll start hiring to remain competitive and exploit new opportunities.

#22     Nov 2, 2012
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Long time. Where have you been?

#23     Nov 2, 2012
  4. LOL. Ain't it always the way. Lot's of misunderstood reports today. Jobs report. Benghazi report. Round and round we go. Another story to spin. Obama lays a turd. You guys throw some gold spray paint on it and suddenly it's a gold brick.

#24     Nov 2, 2012