57% increase in health insurance...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by scriabinop23, Mar 12, 2009.

1. California blue cross PPO plan. Lowest risk possible. Age grouping did not change.

Inflation.... yea right!!! 57% y/y premium increase justified my ass.

This health care bubble will pop.

2. I hear you 100%
    Absolutely mind-boggling, these insurance premium increases.

1-2% inflation.
    sky's the limit premium increase; you don't like it, tough luck.

They also just lost a huge lawsuit for dumping customers when their big claims came in. So just hope that those years of paying really do pay off when the day comes.

3. timbo

timbo

AMA tends to ignore free markets. Markets prefer old westerns: all you need is a bottle of whiskey and a knife and the bullet can be removed.

4. spinn

spinn

most American DRs are Bernard Madoff without social skills.

5. LOL

6. The health insurance business is one of the most corrupt businesses out there. Go rent the movie Sicko if you haven't seen it already.

This whole country should boycott and cancel their health insurance and put them out of business. We need free or really cheap government provided insurance, sort of like Medicare; a plan that covers everyone 100% with no co-pays or deductibles, and doesn't discriminate against people with pre-existing conditions.

7. bighog

bighog Guest

Medicare is NOT free and does NOT pay 100% of the bill. You must get a supplement policy to cover what medicare does not pay for.

In Michigan i pay the regular medicare premium everyone else pays (it actually is free because deducted from the social security check every month), then pay out of pocket for Michigan Blue Cross/Blue Shield $107 a month. Combined i get ZERO additional payments due. That is for my choice of regular Dr's, no PPO or HMO bullshit.

The problem with medical costs in America is a national shame for what we pay and get in return. A Natioinal HC system could be a great way to go and we could kill two birds with one throw by paying for it with a national $2 a gallon gax tax. Think about that, we can have a healthier crowd and take money away from the oil exporters as the people tone down their driving which also cleans the air some.

Impose a national tax for average miles per year driven after we wean away from fossil fuels.

I think i will send Obama an e-mail message. :D I mean this Obama is a man of action.

Yeah, YEAH, i know a $5 a gallon tax would be better but i did not want to upset the right wing fruitcakes so early in the morning. :p

PS: Blue cross increased the rates for the first time since 1999 last year, the rates are regulated because they operate as a NON PROFIT HC insurance company. There are ways to control costs.

8. I'd support the $2 gas tax if it paid for mandatory psych meds for medicare patients.

Hundreds of old ladies had thousands of dollars in tests, the Doc says "nothing is wrong".

The reply.

drumm roll......

"I'll find another doctor."

I'll bet you will, keep breathing.

9. Arnie

Arnie

What do you expect?

Here's how HC works in this country. They make the employer cover the worker. The worker gets sick, goes to Dr, pays $20 "co-pay". Worker brags, "Yea, I had to go to the Dr the other day, BUT IT ONLY COST ME $20". Who the hell do you think is paying for the rest? The Dr? Nope. The Ins co? Nope. The employer? Nope.

Its YOU, dumbass.

:D

10. 151

Have you lost your mind?

I promise I will refuse to pay for the healthcare of unhealthy people just because I want to live as far away from inner city crime as I can.

#10     Mar 13, 2009