56K Modem Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stockerup, Jan 17, 2003.

1. white17

white17

Just a suggestion. Sounds as though you are in a similar situation as I am where only dial-up is available. Since you plan to buy another modem anyway, and if you have the space, why not leave both modems installed. I have two just in case one goes TU you can just switch the line in.

#11     Jan 18, 2003
  2. Good idea! Thanks

#12     Jan 18, 2003
  3. I bought a new modem today and my connection time has improved. I'm connecting at 49.2, which is better than the 46.6 but not a whole lot better. Anyway, I think it's the best I'll be able to do now; it's consistently connecting at that seed so I think it'll be OK.

Thanks for all the suggestions you gave me on this thread.

#13     Jan 19, 2003
  4. Kiwiboy

Kiwiboy

Out of interest - what trading station are you running through your dial-up? J-trader or other? Just interested as I have dial-up only currently and am looking to swap to e-minis from options but not sure if my current set up will handle it (dial-up combined with out of date OS (Win98) and low-end RAM and MHz specs:( )

Thanks

#14     Jan 20, 2003
  5. Sorry about getting back to you so late, I've been having some major problems with my system. I got my modem fixed and then, would you belive it, my entire computer crashed-- had to take it in for repairs. I'm using a older aux. to go on line with.

Anyway, to answer your question, I trade with IB and use their TWS. When my system is working properly, I could not ask for anything better.

#15     Jan 21, 2003