56 waiver?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Trade_Cents, Jul 22, 2011.

1. who charged you 295 for this and for what justification?

#31     Sep 15, 2011
  2. yes $200 for the waiver though it is the same cost as taking the exam...and if you dont get approved you are not charged again once you take the exam...who cares if you got approved then it is well worth not having to study and pass the 56

#32     Sep 15, 2011
  3. Petey, ForSaleNYC,

Your firm is 98% going to get reimbursed for the cost of the waiver. Call the CBOE registration department if you want back up on this, but there is a VERY high chance firms are going to get reimbursed if you get a waiver, although they are getting billed off the bat (and $200, not $295 anyways).

I really can't believe trading firms are using this to rip their traders off.

I also can't believe one firm I know is selling its prepared study materials instead of helping them pass, and others are using this as marketing opportunities. Just help your darn traders pass the exam so they can trade during earnings season instead of study.

My favorite though - One guy on this site posted a craigslist link to what must have been pirated study materials (at half the price of the retail), right alongside an add to trade at his capital contribution, CBSX firm.

Really?

#33     Sep 15, 2011
  4. 100 was for CE to bring 7 back alive. 195 for the waiver. I should inquire about the reimbursement. thx for the info.

#34     Sep 15, 2011
  5. Any word or update if firms were reimbursed for the waiver fee?

#35     Sep 28, 2011