54% return -- looking for an internship

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by luojun, Jun 12, 2003.

1. luojun

luojun

I think Wallstreet is my Jerusalem. I prefer to spend a few years learning from these smartest people in the world.

#41     Jun 14, 2003
  2. Just out of curiousity, would it have made any difference if the OP made a 54% return with real trading istead of paper?

Would the internship offers be rolling in???

#42     Jun 14, 2003
  3. What's OP?

Like I said before: low-alpha would not get you an offer.

#43     Jun 14, 2003
  4. luojun

luojun

But from my point, better than nothing.

What's your suggestions for a student to get an offer?

#44     Jun 14, 2003
  5. luojun

luojun

What value of alpha will be consider good?

#45     Jun 14, 2003
  6. #46     Jun 15, 2003
  7. Luojun, first and foremost, I suggest you stop dispensing advice. You come across like a blind person describing the colors of a painting to people with 20/20 vision. You came to this board for help so don't turn away from the comments that you don't want to hear. Those are the ones that are most apt to help you.

You said that your Marketocracy return was the best way to market yourself to the investment community. I'm not familiar with the rules of the Marketocracy site, but if you really believe that people are going to respect your returns on a paper trading site, then why not start 100 "funds" at the site? Just buy anything you can imagine and the laws of probability suggest that at least one of your funds will SMASH the average return of anyone on Wall Street. You'll be a HERO!

I can appreciate why this tactic might not appeal to you very much. But it might make you realize why no one else takes your paper trading seriously.

Best of Luck. And remember, don't ask questions of people just so you can hear yourself talk.

#47     Jun 15, 2003
  8. Something tells me hitman's firm is not in any great need of new traders:

" A quick update for all interested, after a 100K year in 2002, this year I have fell to the spell of a thin market. For the year I am up a little more than 11K, on target for a low 30's finish, a 70% drop off from the previous year.

The trading team I had is now down to 4 members as my firm did a much much needed downsizing like what other firms have been doing all along, cutting down half of the 800+ traders it had in first quarter.  It also now requires a small yet meaningful capital contribution for any new guys.

In a thin market like we are seeing right now, teaching others whatever little edge you have left is basically taking food out of your own plate, it is highly unlikely I will be adding any new member to my team any time soon, "

#48     Jun 15, 2003
  9. Why don't you complete losers, morons, and dip shits read his post more carefully. He said he is up 54% on his paper trading and 50% on his real dollars.

You losers are a complete joke, and have nothing better to do than to rip on a guy that is new to the US and is looking for advice. All of these responses literally make me sick.

#49     Jun 15, 2003
  10. luojun

luojun

Mr. Lightningsmurf:

Thank you for your suggestions. I know most people are very nice, and are ready to help others anytime. I am very impressed that during the days I live here many unknown people gave me convenience and help.

But, I can't agree with your point. There are so many stocks on the market, do you think one out of 100 funds are enough to beat the market. According to your point, then one out of 100 investors must can beat the market. Is it true? :) I don't know, frankly.

According to Marketocracy rules, I can enter the competition only if I have only one account. Till now, I only have two funds in my account. and the second fund started from 4/18. I didn't take much care of it. I don't have enough tiime. It just stays with indices. It's difficult for me to pick up other stocks.

Anyway, thank you very much for your advices.

#50     Jun 15, 2003