50ma Flat line

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, May 23, 2003.

1. just to get the ball rolling (maybe), i added linear regression lines 5 (blue), 10 (red), and 20 (black) on a 30 min chart of ROXI. now what?

EDIT: HOLD ON, I'M POSTING A NEW PIC.

#11     May 23, 2003
  2. ok, here's the new pic..

#12     May 23, 2003
  3. CWU

CWU

Hello Trend Fader,

I'm at work and my TC2000 is at home.

However, the following will find the 50 DMA crossing from down to up, or up to down. A flat spot has to happen at the beginning of these actions. Put it in a scan and check it out.

(AVGC50.1<AVGC50.2ANDAVGC50>AVGC50.1)OR(AVGC50.1>AVGC50.2ANDAVGC50<AVGC50.1)

Want to see how it performed, say 20 days back:

(AVGC50.20<AVGC50.21ANDAVGC50.19>AVGC50.20)OR(AVGC50.20>AVGC50.21AND AVGC50.19<AVGC50.20)

Chuck

#13     May 23, 2003
  4. kewl my 30 min chart is set up on dollar intervals so the price is "normal" for me. I also have it set to show the trading cycle i use of at least 6 days.

ll of this means the chart looks like ROXI is in a neutral trend (non trend and the volume is at DU (Dry Up).

I show MACD (5, 13,6) on neutral as well.

The shart you made is kewl it shows the pinwheel quite well and it is turning as it does in a down trend (short). The values on both charts are the same and mine is scaled to appear to show a flat price situation.

your expanded price will, of course pick up the move as the BO from neutral occurs. If it goes up (long) on tuesday we will see a reversal of the cw spin to a ccw spin. If it BO'd down the spin will get more steeply cw and the longer regression will go from positive slope to negative slope and follow the short regression downward.

It is all like a rollercoaster ride. And it is very easy for a person to see the price action.

Roxi is giving 25% rides these days and as the 30 min bars keep forming you have a very smooth ride long and short. The last ride (starting the 14th) from 5 to 8 was a little more than 25% and it emerged from from the same setting as now. The volume and MACD surrounding the price are classic.

For price driven traders, the pinwheel is a nice respite from other price stuff.

#14     May 23, 2003
  5. CWU

CWU

For some reason the previous post eliminated parts of the PCF. Another try.

(AVGC50.1 < AVGC50.2 AND AVGC50 > AVGC50.1)OR(AVGC50.1 > AVGC50.2 AND AVGC50 < AVGC50.1)

Want to see how it performed, say 20 days back:

(AVGC50.20 < AVGC50.21 AND AVGC50.19 > AVGC50.20)OR(AVGC50.20 > AVGC50.21 AND AVGC50.19 < AVGC50.20)

If this posts, then take out all the spaces when entering.

#15     May 23, 2003
  6. THanks.. but i really need the 50 day exp. moving avg. not the simple....

What is the formula for a 50day exp. MA in tc2000...

#16     May 23, 2003
  7. CWU

CWU

The Worden's are very hard headed and slow to change things.

TC2000 does not easily accomodate exp ma's in PCF's. I have a few, but it's a real pain. I might have the 50's at home.

For much of my scans, I use TC Companion. You can do exp ma's with it and the backtesting is very easy and straight forward.

Chuck

#17     May 23, 2003
  8. Jack, yeah. You going to be there? 20 year reunion for me... you?

#18     May 23, 2003
  9. bubba7

bubba7

It looks like it from here but I have a loose schedule for DC, PA, Cooperstown, Tanglewood opening and some stuff on east end of LI.

I'm using my left machine for this. Reunion would be the 47th, not counting on the 50th nowadays.

#19     May 24, 2003
  10. jem

jem

Jack I ran a pinwheel on a bunch of charts and watched as they scrolled forward. Sometimes they would start doing the ccw thing and they would breakout and then turn around on a dime. I did not really see that the pinwheel gave much edge on some diffreent time frames with the futures and on some random stocks. Are you sure your performance is not solely caused by your IBD quality scan and the increasing volume deal.

Please explain why the pin wheel is better than other lagging indicators and how does it filter out breakouts that fail.

Thank you for your time.

I realize my quick review was not thorough but I just saw a pretty pinwheel spin ---it gave me no sense of when the register would really ring.

#20     May 24, 2003