50k trading account profits?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mcgene4xpro, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Thank you for explaining but actually the question is not to get a direct answer that would be as you said " different". My question is a try to read what are the expectations in the minds of the traders when they figure out they have a profitable working strategy.

However, i agreed with your answer that market should decide and not primarily on ones expectation.

#21     Sep 30, 2010
  2. I see, in that case carry on. :)

#22     Sep 30, 2010
  3. From the poll, it is obvious that 10% or less is the ratio that most of traders thought it is a realistic profit percentage.

#23     Oct 1, 2010
  4. spindr0

spindr0

Don't get caught up in expectations. Most can only make what the market offers. In 08/09 the potentail was immense as the market collapsed and then soared. This year has been somewhat range bound.

While I may be mocked for this, I trade not to lose and to beat MM rates. Doesn't sound like much but occasionally there's a huge year (or two).

#24     Oct 1, 2010
  5. Which market you are talking about?

I think who play the same instrument but in a different time frame could consider him/herself playing different market?

Does any here agree with me?

Define market?

#25     Oct 1, 2010
  6. For me market = certain financial instrument(s)+certain time frame (s)+ certain trading method.

#26     Oct 2, 2010