50k to 500K in 10 (ten) trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by macroman, Jan 21, 2011.

1. i know i am changing the rules of HOW to benefit from my signals but not touching signal generation process. It will not be changed as there is large set of statistics behind gained thru years of exposure to markets.

Main weakness I have noticed so far is that signals do not reach my levels and I watch price going away.

I will copy idea from other traders I saw here which is, will start buying immediately signal arrives. say in 10% of total position lots. Better dips buy more. Reverse for sell signals.

Still have stops of course.

will buy on dips. My price reading ability will hopefully alert me that I am in faulty trade and will stop buying.

Once trade goes my way, will look for increasing size on subsequent dips.

One expects higher high sequence in valid trades.

See how we go with this one.

idea of this whole exrcise is to increase my bet size to sustainable level, which is targetting on 3:1 trade win around 50k.

#31     Aug 8, 2011
  2. I am celebrtating largest win so far with a nice bottle of red.

My longterm system made a slight profit by accruing interest but cemented 15% lead this year over index benchmark i have in my longterm system.

It is simply cash vs risk. Binary, to keep it simple.

I have 3 systems running and also working full time. Easier to increase size.

Once I trade full time will have 5 proven systems.

#32     Aug 9, 2011
  3. my longeterm game plan. Simplistic superimposition '87 vs '08.

market weaker this time as second up leg (4) just past previous high around so bottom may be lower

#33     Aug 11, 2011
  4. my system spit sell signal for stock markets.

After first sell signal i got 2 weeks or so ago and act mildly also due to my large cash position which is in itself short, as i measure success of the system against index and not in absolute terms, this is really second part of trade where I would double, according to my plan. It will be taken as directional short in indexes.

I will be selling any new highs next week or take sell signals. Will throw in towel around 8% higher.

Plan is to get new lows and then lighten a bit or tighten stop or mix and see how far can this thing go.

Short will be on weak indexes, possibly ASX. Will not bother with individual stocks or sectors.

Couple of factors there: economic trend - realization sets in that recession is knocking on the door, timeline same as in '90 recession.
    Possibly AUD will not soften the blow as usual due to external reasons.
    AUD market performing poorly compared to others.
    China news from chinese sites not good from several fronts.

#34     Aug 13, 2011
  5. Will also add euro indexes to my sell list. Will have to use broker's cfd for that.

US it too far in deleveraging process and probably due for some index spread trade buy US sell ???.

#35     Aug 13, 2011
  6. managed to sell so far around 50% of position in asx, close to high at end of us session, so a bit in green. did not manage to sell a thing in dax. Too subdued. Expecting more pushes up.

first day of announcing couple '000 of job cuts in au in eastcoast cities. Appears forced deleveraging started.

dont like it but expected.

This will now roll (hopefully only ) for couple of months and market down another 20-30%. Possible more severe falls as debt accumulation session was extremly long.

#36     Aug 15, 2011
  7. expectation for the short target in indexes which is drop around 20 pc from current levels is a bit too optimistic for timeframe I am looking for.

Yesterday quick 100 pts drop in SPI took profits and credited them to risk capital for next short entry.

market is weak because let me made some quick and easy profits.

Will reenter but with more modest distances.

#37     Aug 16, 2011
  8. Chausey

Chausey

What number of trade are you on? What is the bottom line at this point?

#38     Aug 16, 2011
  9. in cash terms i am up around 50%. Total 5 trades. This count is a bit subjective as have 2 other systems using different timeframe. So, behind the schedule :-(

My hit rate remains pretty good as in initial tests but have several trades where miss the entry as orders too far. In preparation to this system did not get misses or trades with +1 risk etc. Had 1 full loss so far and another one with -0.2 risk.

Also find it hard to increase size so slippage there as well.

Working on entries more aggressive and adding after initial positive feedback. Also, miss to capitalize more on last market fall due to my schedule beeing hectic.

However, confidence in system is solid and building up and preparing scenarios to bring up bet size to economical level. 2 winning outsized trades will do.

#39     Aug 17, 2011
  10. time to load short.

my list

buy euad
    chfjpy

sell indexes

etc...

gtg

#40     Aug 18, 2011