50k to 500K in 10 (ten) trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by macroman, Jan 21, 2011.

1. bought eurusd at virtual low point with a bit of luck. Now stop b/e. Looking for above 1.3.

Bought at market. Even 5 pts order lower would not catch it.

Had couple missed trades like that last year. Cost me quite a bit. Confirming enter at market is the way to go.

Also will change my exiting in pieces to be in one go in line with buy1sell2 suggestion.

Difficult beeing in profitable position. Exiting say 1/2 decreases the focus. Thats my problem.

I may exit this trade in full and reenter on retracements in full with hopefully additional power. And keep 100% focus.

#91     Jan 10, 2012
  2. stopped out of eurusd. Got some change out though. All in all out turned out to work nicely as was able to squeeze + 0.4 risk from a modest reaction, keeping my focus.

euro is clearly weak. NZD,AUD major beneficiaries.

can see two reasons why:
    1. Or we have breakup of EU coming
    2. or war in northern hemisphere.....

#92     Jan 11, 2012
  3. #93     Jan 11, 2012
  4. here you go : euad - 4 weeks of relentless falls form that point.
    tried this week buying eu twice and both times no trade developed. Still managed minor profits.

Buy eur against anything off the table until further notice.

#94     Jan 13, 2012
  5. analysis after 10 trades, as per original intent of this thread.

If I followed what I said I would actually 10x+ increase my account in 1 year. Wouldya,shouldya thing...

However, I did not. I was experimenting, finetuning, etc, etc as I moved from papetrading system to live.

Main benefit of this thread is documented several live call & other trades that I took that prove my results and that forward testing turned out better than expected. Sometimes we like forgetting bad calls, etc.

So, this blog it has achieved objective.

You can close it as I will not be posting here any longer.

Maybe another blog which will actually deal with pressures of increasing size aggresively and ups and downs of this process.

My bet size will be 10% of the account in general. I have ability to replenish the account if things turn bad but I find this possibility extermly unlikely.

#95     Jan 15, 2012