50k account profits POLL

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mcgene4xpro, Sep 28, 2010.

What do you think the realistic monthly profits for 50k account?

1. less than 1%

13 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. 1%

38 vote(s)
    25.3%
  3. 10%

66 vote(s)
    44.0%
  4. 50%

9 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. 100%

6 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. more than 100%

17 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. As soon as someone starts talking about trading and percentages at the same time I know they know nothing.

I've been trading 10 years. Everyone I know trades about 100-200K. No one I know needs more than that to generate mid to hi 6 figure incomes. Lescor, right here on ET, does the same thing.

If you're managing big money thats another story. I have a friend who manages about 20 million in a small fund. He's up 35% ytd. Percentages at that level make sense.

#31     Oct 3, 2010
  2. Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
    read that book

#32     Oct 3, 2010
  3. If you were being facetious, forgive my misreading this.

However, if this is a serious question, the market is not generally a zero-sum game. If the value of a trading instrument falls, all who own it have lost on paper. No-one else gained anything. Likewise, if the trading instrument gains value, all who own it or derivatives of it will have gained on paper at no-ones expense.

#33     Oct 3, 2010
  4. Thank you. Actually, my question was serious because i was momently confused about the fact trillions went to the sink. So i asked this question

#34     Oct 3, 2010
  5. I thought about it and i have another question. You have said if the value of instrument falls, who owns lost. "No-one else gained". My understanding is that the people who have cash gained because the value of their cash increased. So they can purchase more than what they can purchase before. Am i right?

#35     Oct 3, 2010
  6. So in the trading environment, the sellers gained

#36     Oct 3, 2010
  7. Mr J

Mr J

Why settle for less? You may think those that talk about percentages have no idea, but at least it shows a little ambition. Nothing great has been achieved by the attitude you have shown here. You may be willing to settle for mid 6 figs, but why criticise those who won't?

It's also misleading to suggest that you only use 100-200k of capital. If you lost it, you would replace it, yes? Your capital includes everything you are willing to throw into trading, not just what is sitting in your account.

No mention of risk profile or strategy. A lesser trader may achieve a better return due to a more aggressive risk profile, or more trading opportunities. A brilliant trader is going to be held back by limited opportunity due to size, and to a lower risk profile to please investors. He may make far more, but his return might be far lesser than inferior traders.

#37     Oct 3, 2010
  8. m22au

m22au

I disagree. It's much harder to make 10% return on $100 million than it is on $50,000.

#38     Oct 3, 2010
  9. I think once we reach 100 voters and showing no dramatic changes in the ratios, this would be enough for the answer of my question

#39     Oct 4, 2010
  10. Make the case. A statement without explanation lacks credibility.

#40     Oct 4, 2010