50k account profits POLL

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mcgene4xpro, Sep 28, 2010.

What do you think the realistic monthly profits for 50k account?

1. less than 1%

13 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. 1%

38 vote(s)
    25.3%
  3. 10%

66 vote(s)
    44.0%
  4. 50%

9 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. 100%

6 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. more than 100%

17 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Lets see, the average hedge fund last month in the best September 70 years was up a point or two. but you think some newbie schmuck with 50k should average 10% a month, or at worst 5%.

Did I miss where California already legalized crack, or is that still on the ballot for November?

#21     Oct 1, 2010
  2. Having $50,000 to manage has significant advantages over having to manage $500,000,000. I've explained earlier about my experience (less than a year with options), my approach (credit spreads) and my results (8%+). If you demand proof before accepting my report, pay for the audit and I'll provide the auditor's results.

#22     Oct 1, 2010
  3. Nice:D

#23     Oct 2, 2010
  4. Albert

Albert

I just think that a "percentage" return is meaningless. It doesn't take into account increasing or decreasing size based on equity run or market volatility or any number of factors that come into play that are personality or system dependent.
    If you are looking for a metric than look no further than your own account. Base your forecasts on previous returns in similar market environments that YOU have experienced. There is no better metric.
    A

#24     Oct 2, 2010
  5. 15% do think profits should be more than 100% monthly.. !!

very interesting

#25     Oct 3, 2010
  6. 1% if you're good. (compounds to 13% annually)
    2% if you're very good. (compounds to 27% annually)
    3% if you're excellent. (compounds to 42% annually)
    Whatever if you're a trading god. (compounds to the Moon and beyond, every year.)

I voted 1%. Since breaking even is tough enough, I think that's a realistic goal to set for most people. Anything beyond that is gravy.

#26     Oct 3, 2010
  7. The question is irrelevant without the concept of risk (adjusted reward)

It does not mean much if your expectancy is little better than one, your sharp is awful, your drawdowns are huge, etc.

How many trillions $$$ were lost in the financial crisis, by well funded giants with billion dollar research budgets and high level traders? Lehman? Bear Stearns? AIG? Citi? etc. etc.

so johnny and his $50K account will fare better? It doesn't mean much if you make 10% a month for a year until you blow out and have to file BR.

#27     Oct 3, 2010
  8. If trillions were lost during financial crisis so who won them?. Is this a logical question to ask who won the lost trillions during crisis or they simply evaporate? Just curious.

:D

#28     Oct 3, 2010
  9. i think the stock markets profitable trading strategy can earn 50% profit the first month on you. i think smart money bets on the market if your asking a question with no answer.

#29     Oct 3, 2010
  10. Why would you project an end game of a blow out and bankruptcy?

#30     Oct 3, 2010