500k with 50% return

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by LuckyPimp, Aug 21, 2006.

1. If you had 500k to invest, what would be the best way to grow that consistently with a 50% compounding annual return over a 5 year period?

Also what is some good software for intraday back testing strategies to test the theory on?

I prefer to be in and out of the market. Buy and holding for years does not appeal to me.
    :D

I see alot of those "turn 1,000 into 1,000,000 in 30 days" posts and figure this would be a little more to work with.

Thanks for the advice.

2. there's sure a way to do it...u gotta become really good at it, study the mkt and get at least 5yrs experience [am very conservative here], once u see u become consistent in your pics [assumin' u didn't bump into ladyluck] then u got it...that's it.

good luck and come back in 5-10yrs to tell us how things worked.

3. Sure-fire method, although it's for a consistent 100% return, not 50%. I hope that's okay:

First, change all your money into five-dollar bills. (This only works with five-dollar bills AFAIK.) Then, eat your money. Wait. When you pass the five-dollar bills, you will find that they all turned into ten-dollar bills while inside you! :eek:

As for software to "back test" this strategy, I'm not sure that's all that wise. If the drawdown is too much for you to take, just sip some Pepto-Bismol and call your proctolo... I mean, broker.

4. FutTrd

FutTrd

oh my god you guys are so funny

I had to laugh out loud here

the guy comes in saying I want to turn 500 k into 750 k without knowing anything about market

oh the brokers just love that type

listen threat starter, take words of Bitstream and frame it and put it on a wall,

I think I just gave you a really good advice

5. How many professionals are able to bank 50% for 5 years?

Answer: Not many.

It is possible, but it is not as easy as running a backtest and plugging in the ATM machine in the receptical behind the sofa.

To accomplish this, you would need to be one luckypimp.

Michael B.

6. Running drugs. Just save $50k for the lawyer if you caught.

John

7. i got this sure fire money maker in the mail today. since i already have enough money i will let you have this oppertunity. that way you can possibly make your goal of 50% return. good luck:

From Fred paully.
    Avenue 16 Rue 13
    Treichville Abidjan
    Ivory coast.
    Please this is (Confidential)

Greetings in the name of the almighty, and may his grace continue to assist you and I, as you open your heart in helping me out of this unbearable situation of my family disaster. Please give me this godly help for our almighty will reward you in abundant.

Please permit me to inform you of my mind, Because I have make up my mind to write to you this way. however is not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honour against your will. I am Fred paully, 22 years old and the only son of my late parents Mr &Mrs. paully, my late father was a highly reputable business merchant in a cocoa who operated in the capital of Ivory Coast during his days.

Unfortunately I lost him mysteriously died in France during one of his business trips abroad last year October 2005. though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of his who travelled with him at that time. But God knows the truth. My mother died when I was just 4 years old, and since then my late father took me so special. Before his death on, October / 9th / 2005, he called the secretary who accompanied him in hospital and told him to call me, on my arrival to the hospital my father told me that he deposited the sum of ten million US Dollars.(10 000,000 USD) Which the money was left in an suspense/domiciliary account which I will be accessible when I am 28 but I am only 22 now, that my father did, not knowing of his untimely death.

Because the money was deposited in an suspense account in one of the leading bank in Africa. He further told me that he deposited the money in his name, and I as the next of kin and finally issued a written instruction to his lawyer whom he said is in possession of all the necessary legal document to all his properties. I am just 22 years old and a University undergraduate and really don't know what to do. Now I want an account overseas where I can transfer this funds. This is because I have suffered lot of set back as a result of family enmity and incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast. Please, I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.

Now permit me to ask these few question ?.

1. Can I completely trust you?
    2. Can you honestly help me as your new family?
    3. To serve as the guardian of this fund and help us with investing.?
    4. To provide a bank account where this money would be transferred the bank director said it can be an empty account so far it is valid.
    5. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the money is in your account?.

Please, Consider this and get back to me through my personal mailbox at :: (fred_paully@yahoo.fr)

Thanks an I will be looking forward to here from you that you have approve my proposal.

Thank you, my sincere regards,

Fred paully.

8. All kidding aside, though, I do have a serious question about this post.

Suppose somebody was able to make 50% annual returns consistently, year after year after year (ignoring the fact that even the greatest investors and traders in history didn't) - and supposing (even more unlikely) that this all-time superstar investor would be willing to share his or her secrets with strangers on a public message board.

If this super 50% a year method was a buy-and-hold strategy, how could the anyone rationally discount it because of that fact? Isn't the real "appeal" making money, and not so much how the money is made?

I guess, as long as people are out looking for the quick miracle solution, markets will always be speculative, there will always be the irrational component, and so there will always be opportunities to make money trading :cool:

9. jho

jho

Talk about a shitty return...

10. hans37

hans37

open a whorehouse and franchise it .

beware the competition is literally killer

#10     Aug 21, 2006