500K in college loan debt, earning 80K a year!!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by KINGOFSHORTS, May 20, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I had two jobs when I was attending college. Of course I had no time for frat parties and drug induced orgies but then that wasn't why I was in college to begin with.

#51     May 27, 2011
  2. pupu

pupu

Kids these days...

when I was 12 I walk 100 miles to college in freezing blizzards and scorching heat, carried my sick horse on my back, held 5 jobs, took care of my 12 sibling and 3 parents

what has this country come too...

#52     May 27, 2011
  3. :p :D :p there is always ONE in the crowd.....

uhmmmm...I guess I need to confess...working/school sucked...after 2 years I married rich and graduated from a private school...oh well

#53     May 27, 2011
  4. Really? The drug induced orgies were the biggest selling point when I was applying to schools.

#54     May 27, 2011
  5. Sick horse you say? Luxury ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

#55     May 28, 2011
  6. In the house I grew up in having a European parent stating that U.S. colleges were nothing more than an a scam industry. There was some merit to it.
    As the system stands right now there is no other option than to bite the debt bullet and get a degree if one wants to increase their chances economically in the US. It does not matter how skilled or intelligent a person is, if they don't have that slip of paper in their hand the odds of meaningful employment are slim.
    The real issue is when unscrupulous organizations capitalize on the uninformed. They get lead down the primrose path only to find out what they worked hard for does not guaranty employment but only increases the odds. In my opinion State schools and Ivy league schools have the actual credentials to print degrees.

Akuma

#56     May 28, 2011
  7. It's all relative.

Perhaps there's a weak dollar related manufacturing boom coming to the US.

Got a trade certificate?

#57     May 28, 2011
  8. Highly unlikely, with lower labor costs in the continent of Africa. Both China and India are setting up the continent to be thier future workforce.

I used to be a Manufacturing Quality Supervisor with Red X Shainin engineer papers.

Akuma

#58     May 29, 2011
  9. Forget 500k or 80K. Focus on
    How much tax you're paying to US regime?
    How many jobs you've created in USA?
    How much FDI are you getting to USA?

#59     May 31, 2011
  10. BwPirt

BwPirt

that's not the topic?

#60     May 31, 2011