500000 Iphones times $500ea = $250,000,000 -- So Why Is AAPL Down?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stylark3, Jul 2, 2007.

1. stylark3

stylark3

Looks to me like sales of the Iphone on Ebay are doing just fine.
    (Selling above retail in most cases).

My predictions: Even if the Iphone were a flop (which I don't think it will be), the sales of most, if not all, of AAPL's original batch of the iphone will be sustained because, if nothingelse, the original will be considered a collector's item.

That many collector's items sold translated into a huge revenue boon for AAPL.

Seems like everyday, some reporter is finding some negative story to post about AAPL which, for whatever reason, tends to bring the stock price to a crawl. But, IMO, the positive impact of the Sales factor alone, should make most negative news a minor issue at this point in time.

For this reason, I see this stock price heading rapidly toward the target prices set a few weeks ago. First, the new target back then was 140.00 then, within a day or so, it was changed to 160.00. So, perhaps by the time AAPL next quarterly report comes out, it will be at or past the 160.00 mark.

JMHO

#31     Jul 3, 2007
  2. stylark3

stylark3

Looks to me like sales of the Iphone on Ebay are doing just fine.
    (Selling above retail in most cases).

My predictions: Even if the Iphone were a flop (which I don't think it will be), the sales of most, if not all, of AAPL's original batch of the iphone will be sustained because, if nothingelse, the original will be considered a collector's item.

That many collector's items sold translated into a huge revenue boon for AAPL.

Seems like everyday, some reporter is finding some negative story to post about AAPL which, for whatever reason, tends to bring the stock price to a crawl. But, IMO, the positive impact of the Sales factor alone, should make most negative news a minor issue at this point in time.

For this reason, I see this stock price heading rapidly toward the target prices set a few weeks ago. First, the new target back then was 140.00 then, within a day or so, it was changed to 160.00. So, perhaps by the time AAPL next quarterly report comes out, it will be at or past the 160.00 mark.

JMHO

#32     Jul 3, 2007
  3. da-net

da-net

perhaps you could comment on one of the last trades of the day. it was 169,000 + shares hitting the bid. in other words a $21 Million + trade!

i do not know about you, but if i had a long position that size trade would definitely perk my ears up!

#33     Jul 3, 2007
  4. stylark3

stylark3

Profit taking. Happens all the time. Somebody is just selling on the way up.

Besides, what 169000 among an avg monthly volume of 36mil anyway.

#34     Jul 3, 2007
  5. admit it shorts, the iphone was a smash.

Ipod users will transition to the phone or use both devices. The potential is great.

#35     Jul 3, 2007