$5000 per month trading profits

Discussion in 'Trading' started by theShadow, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Follow thru, participation, choppy moves, everything. Just not a very good market. Still making money, but like the shadow said, its starting to get a little light.

#11     Dec 11, 2002

2. You need some real perspective my friend..so sorry you are suffering so bad after "12 years of great markets"...you should have an extra thick and comfy cushion not to give a shit then.

If you make $2500 in December maybe the game's over for you.

Something to think about as people all around the country are cilipping coupons cause they are out of work.

Grow up pal

#12     Dec 12, 2002
  3. daytr8r

daytr8r

I would hope that when I reach the 12 year mark in trading, I would be disappointed about making $5k/month. However, after 12 years it would seem as though you would realize that there are bound to be rough patches.

#13     Dec 12, 2002
  4. MRWSM

MRWSM

Dollar figures are a relative unit to use. Consider posting your percent profit instead. Much easier to relate to. How much percent profit per month are you normally getting?

#14     Dec 12, 2002
  5. Come on Shadow... +$5k may not be much, but I would take that anyday over -$20k... you shouldn't be worried about smaller positive months relative to your normal profits... you should only start to get worried about larger losing months which start to occur consistently...

#15     Dec 12, 2002
  6. MRWSM

MRWSM

If $5000 is 5% of your portfolio, then you have nothing to worry about. On the other hand if $5000 is only a tenth of 1 percent (0.10%) of your portfolio, you're in deep shit. If this continues you should take your $5M and retire.

#16     Dec 12, 2002
  7. He is saying he only made in a month what Aphie has to trade for a lifetime.

Strike that.

He is saying he only made in a month what Aphie "had" to trade for a lifetime, before he pissed it away in options.

#17     Dec 12, 2002
  8. Seems also that a lot of people who trade the larger cap NYSE stocks and base their trading off the futures are finding that the stocks are not following the futures that well in a lot of cases. The S&P 500 futures have had some good moves over the past month but the stocks don't seem to be following them as well over the last month. I guess I should say at least for the stocks that I follow or the ones my friends trade.

#18     Dec 12, 2002
  9. Right on cornhole. Yesterday was bad, today is really bad.

#19     Dec 12, 2002
  10. prox

prox

Average yearly income in Afghanistan is about $220 USD.

#20     Dec 13, 2002