$5000 of my $$$ at Dimension Capital

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sledged, Nov 18, 2005.

1. fatrat

fatrat

Where do I find such places? I'm currently profitable, and I wouldn't mind an entry-level place.

#11     Nov 20, 2005
  2. So a headhunter contacted you? or was it like this: You contacted them....Was there any criteria to qualify?...or do they offer positions to just anybody who knows how to type or talk?

I was offered a position at Dimension Capital

Define for me what this means....ok, so you can get a series 7 and you need a sponsor..I know all of that....what do they charge you?

I am sponsored for necessary licenses

Seth, has covered most all of the important questions...

I do not know much about prop shops...but what concerns me is recent regulations that require them to have a certain amount of deposits....

#12     Nov 20, 2005
  3. Hi,

The same company Dimension Capital has just asked me if I would be interested in such an opportunity

What you tell me is rather discouraging, so do I really have to make a deposit of 5k USD from my own pocket? Seems rather unfair all the more as you have no salary based and are paid upon commission!

#13     Jan 15, 2008
  4. It's not a job. They're a broker who wants you to trade a lot. You weren't offered a position - you were solicited by a broker. Seen in that light, it is rather clear why a broker won't pay you a salary.

#14     Jan 15, 2008
  5. toc

toc

Prop firms are an easy way to throw money away, faster than trading on own.

#15     Jan 15, 2008
  6. Dimension Capital
    I was trading there last year
    I had deposited 10 K and got 20.1 leverage
    As i was new to trading and was a little undercapitalized
    I ended up averaging a trade and loosing a lot of money
    When i quit the day they pay out i went to the office and got my balance cheque back with no problem.
    I was trading at the down town office 15 street or something

#16     Jan 15, 2008
  7. #17     Jan 15, 2008
  8. Thanks for the info guys!

allright.... so how do they you expect to make your living given that you need at least 5 or 10k USD on your bank account which you give up front right away. I mean you need to pay for your food, transportation, and your rent!

I mean 12k is all I have left after my studies.... I might burn my money in such a work! I'rd rather have a minimal fixed salary and accept a smaller commission instead...

sounds a bit like a rip off to me! I mean I'm a graduate from Syracuse University (NY) and have already paid so much for my studies .... :(

Okay. That we have no fix salary, be that way....but
    I trade with my money, right?? What the hell....

#18     Jan 16, 2008
  9. oh and by the way I was wondering ... is it a good work experience, if we don't take the money you put up right away into account?
    I'd like to be trader on forex or equities... and to stay in NY or America.

#19     Jan 16, 2008
  10. We offer to good trader

if you have less than that you are at swift or title :p

2 k deposit 200 k bp
    70 % payout .68 per trade

probably someone will delete my post soon

#20     Jan 17, 2008