500+ Point Drop By Close

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 14, 2008.

1. me wrong. market did not close green. but i just went long SKF for the weekend!

#41     Mar 14, 2008
  2. You MUST love how the fed invokes a 1930's era law to bail out Bear Stearns....

...would they have possibly done the same for any retailer, automaker, software company, etc?

Bush/Paulson/Bernanke sure are willing to suspend CAPITALISM and FREE MARKETS to protect their rainmakers.

But it won't work. So, free markets will have the last laugh.

LONG LIVE MILTON FRIEDMAN!

#42     Mar 14, 2008

3. IMAGINARY RECESSION: Show me 2 quarters of negative GDP with empirical data and facts. Do you have it? That is how Fed reserve and Economics Institute our watchdog defines recession.

Its not how "Nouriel Roubini our prophet of doom and gloom " defines recession. He injects emotions into the defination.Not your opinions and how you " feel" because I know how you feel.

You feel down and depressed and you are way way pessimistic..

#43     Mar 14, 2008
  4. That is why SPX was " manipulated " down to 1270 staging area, On March 14, 2008 to get blasted off to highs for a few days and than the bears come out with steely knives and go for the kill. It will be back here in in this area 1270 less than 4 weeks !

Its too obvious this thing never crashes and dies ! Why? Because no one on Wall street wants to be out of job. Its the damn golden goose that lays golden eggs!

#44     Mar 14, 2008
  5. I adore PANIC DAYS ! :D :D :D

#45     Mar 16, 2008
  6. I love it when the 'working group' intervenes. All they do is buy a little time, and in the process, magnify the scope of the problem.

#46     Mar 16, 2008
  7. patoo

patoo

Hint: you are supposed to be making money right now.
    (Volatility = cash in wallet, not "its all up from here")
    :D

#47     Mar 16, 2008
  8. #48     Mar 16, 2008
  9. BCE

BCE

They're not going to do that. That would bring more panic not less. Problem with the Fed is they waited too long to deal with all this, although it's not a problem the new guys created, and now they're maybe going to run out of bullets to fire to stop this. Look what happened in Japan, although there are obviously differences. I've been thinking about market levels for several weeks in particular and somehow had a intuitive, gut level feeling the Dow may find a bottom around 10k and then maybe rally from there. I think the problems here are more serious than people realize and there's way too much complacency. People have been listening to the White House and CNBC too much. I mean honestly, did Senor Bush's comments on Friday make you feel at ease? Ha. :)

#49     Mar 16, 2008
  10. The dow is not going to 10,000

#50     Mar 16, 2008