500$ - How to start??

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by panta_rhei, Dec 1, 2007.

1. just buy GOOG or sell GOOG ... when it goes under 500

:D

#11     Dec 1, 2007
  2. thanks, the book is already on my list!

regarding yahoo: it provides neither any historic commodity prices nor charts or did i miss it?

I'd like to "experiment" a little bit with the historical data in a basic technical manner (e.g. MA) in order to better understand the TA patterns

any good recommendations where to get good data about it or as i mentioned before, any experiences with these 30days trial accounts?

thanks!!

#12     Dec 1, 2007
  3. I can get you started with all the right books, software, data feeds, brokers, trading strategies etc...all for a 2 hour reasonable consulting fee of $500.

#13     Dec 1, 2007
  4. LOL, if you do your homework, you won't need to pay his feee.

BTW, $500 just isn't enough to do anything.

Considering the fact that you don't know enough to actually get started trading anyway, just take it slow and try to build knowledge now, please don't throw your money at the market, it would just be a waste.

JJ

#14     Dec 1, 2007
  5. thanks for the well meant advice, I'm not gonna throw my money just on the market. I'd like to invest it in about a month when I read a lot more about the topic and the markets.

But there must be any opportunity to buy options on futures or on etf's with such an amount!?? please tell me there is! I mean I don't wanna wait 3years until I finally saved 20.000$, I'm sure it's possible to gain at least some good experiences while training with such a small amount...

cheers!

#15     Dec 1, 2007
  6. GaryN

GaryN

You might consider currencies. It is entirely possible to trade currencies with $500 and get a fairly realistic trial of what you are going to have to deal with when it comes to trading. You can trade $10000 at a time and each pip will only be 10 cents so your $500 will last you quite awhile while you learn the different aspects of trading. You can still fully expect to be one of the 95% who fail but it won't cost you much and its quite entertaining.

#16     Dec 1, 2007
  7. If this link gets enough hits. A placeholder site will popup in a few weeks.

#17     Dec 1, 2007
  8. YoungOne

YoungOne

The best advice I have for you is to paper trade and get a job. Paper trade for 6 months at least while working, put together like 10k and than start trading live.

#18     Dec 1, 2007
  9. Why don't you just save your 500 bucks, go to the library, get a few books for free and study for a while.

Your wanting to trade with 500 bucks is a friggen joke!

Someone shut down this dumb thread PLEASE!

#19     Dec 1, 2007
  10. I had a boiler room spouting corn options that said I could start with $500.00.
    The fee per trade/side was $75.00.
    I told him I was spending less than $1.00 per side with my broker and I traded every day, he told me, "Yea, but I came to you with the idea." I call him every other week on his bad corn pick, "How's that corn spread working for you?"
    They have moved on to Gold...great contrarian indicator.

#20     Dec 1, 2007