$500 Day Trading Margins For EMINIS

Discussion in 'Events' started by Richard Kontra, Nov 12, 2008.

1. volente i'm appaled and disappointed at you attacking german trader. i'm sure he learned under the great franz shoar. et is the land were all dreams come true. go bitchy

#41     Nov 15, 2008
  2. I know for a fact that Global has some of the best commission rates going. Not sure where this 9 dollars is coming from. I have traded the mini es, nq, & ym. For the bang for the buck I find the ym best. Why do you all choose the es?

#42     Nov 15, 2008
  3. I have data for October, in October average dailty volume for ES was 3600 thousands contracts, while for YM just 305 thousands...
    What it means for me: if we have 2 correlated coontract than it is more reasonable to trade more "heavy" one because more heavy contract leads more light one, not vice versa.
    Also volume and liqidity is very critical for scalpers... I guess no need to explain why...

#43     Nov 16, 2008
  4. volente_00

volente_00

ibpapertraderbroker wrote on 11-15-08 06:11 PM:
    We can beat $5 per contract. Your rate will be $0.00 rt to papertrade 1000 es. Please let me know if you would like to accept our offer.

#44     Nov 16, 2008
  5. Does anyone have a recap / listing of popular emini futures brokers and their current margin requirements per contract ?
    I just discovered TOS jacked their margins up to incredible levels, without warning of course. One YM contract now requires $6500 !

#45     Jul 12, 2009
  6. so did IB before. You can check the "brokers" reviews above. OEC and Velocity have decent reviews, but I do not know their current margins...

Is that their DAY trading margin or overnight?

Lots of brokers have $500 or so margins, but there may be a wave of brokers following this lead, never know.

Personally, I don't like small margin trader at my broker(s). I think brokers offering half the exchange margin for day trading is plenty. I think in a bad disruptive situation (Pakistani nuke, eg), it may unexpectedly imperil a broker...

#46     Jul 12, 2009
  7. DOW JONES (11)-MINI DOW JONES INDEX (YM)
    Spec $6,500 $5,200
    Hedge/Member $5,200 $5,200

Here it is...TOS is using the full exchange margin requirement even for intraday trading.
    Ridiculous policy IMHO.

1/3 of overnight requirements should be the standard for daytrading.
    I agree that the $500 reqs go too far in the other direction of potential disaster.

#47     Jul 12, 2009
  8. Most brokers I have seen charge about half daytrading margin as against overnight requirements (excepting the $300 or $500 disaster-seeking brokers)

#48     Jul 13, 2009
  9. almost $10 per roundtrip? :eek:

So they hook ppl in with $300 margin and then body slam them with cost of roundturn....never ceases to amaze me how some brokers real in newbies...sheesh!

#49     Jul 13, 2009
  10. Ym is $6500 margin thru TOS? Thats f%$&ing crazy !!...

I used to trade thru Openecry avg of 10-20 cars per trade...3-5 times /day commish was $4 per roundturn....$500 margin Good broker although I had some issues with them with their server going offline a few times. I've heard they have resolved the server probs.

I now trade with Mirus 30-50 cars per trade...3-5 times/day
    commish just under $3 per RT and $500 margin...Ninja_Zen platform. Excellent broker highly recommended

#50     Jul 13, 2009