$500 Day Trading Margins For EMINIS

Discussion in 'Events' started by Richard Kontra, Nov 12, 2008.

1. HLB

HLB

The next step after offering ultra low margins is to offer real accounts with free $1000. The broker should take the other side of the trades, unless clents wired some substantial sum over free $1000 bankroll.

I know some FX broker, who offers 1:400 leverage and gives a $3000 free bonus, when opening account. You've get playing with over 1 Mil with $0 down - it's 1:infinity leverage ;-)

#21     Nov 14, 2008
  2. ggoyal

ggoyal

this is the fastest way for newbie failure. good bait.

however, margin used properly is ok. but 500$ is just rid.

#22     Nov 14, 2008
  3. I second that - been there done that.

There is an old saying: your trading experience is in direct relation to the timeframe you are trading.

Obviously GermanTrader was not around when Sept 11 happened - at that rate he would have been blown up if he had an open position.

One spike and it is curtains.....

Maria

#23     Nov 14, 2008
  4. Now is when you should use leverage, when the end is near. It goes against your emotions.

#24     Nov 14, 2008
  5. thats how the wild swings are around: not enough big players to take the other side of your large trade. Take a look at the 10 year notes, it was not that long ago that 1000 or even up to several thousand (and I've personally seen 10000) cars traded did not move the market. Now with a 1000 cars you can move it 10 ticks when putting in a market order....

What if your datafeed / software / ISP connection / broker / broker to exchange datafeed goes down and it takes a while to be back on-line? People who are saying this are a disaster waiting to happen or otherwise papertrading and living in a delusional world.

Maria

#25     Nov 14, 2008
  6. Dude, you're nuts. When volatility is up, you should downsize accordingly, to maintain your risk parameters.

If you ratchet up your leverage, you MAY get lucky...

#26     Nov 14, 2008
  7. Shame on Global? Shame on the customer for not doing his research. I trade with Global and I've found them to be exceptionally good with their commission rates. When I asked IB if they'd negotiate they basically told me to go screw myself. Little wonder I chose Global.

#27     Nov 14, 2008
  8. Richard,

Still have not heard from you regarding trading the ES with you.

#28     Nov 14, 2008
  9. volente_00

volente_00

3 months ago you were trading 2 ym contracts and now you claim 1000 es ?

Is your name franz ?

#29     Nov 14, 2008
  10. That's what you do, oh wiseass one, when you try out a new system in cash... you start small and in a light instrument. Obviously I am back to what works well for me. Any other large pieces of furniture you wish to choke on at this time, or do you think it prudent to shut up?

#30     Nov 14, 2008