50+, what to do next?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by somewhere, Jul 4, 2011.

1. I don't have any advise for you just an observation that so many confuse feelings as facts.
    True feeling confident is better than feeling unconfident except when your wrong. Good luck.

#41     Jul 10, 2011
  2. It's not a real job. You put time in it and you worked for it, instead of getting money out of it you lost money. That's not a job, that's a pipedream.

Stop now and get on with your life. Trading is not for you. Sure it all sounds nice, you invest money and time and effort and you earn money with the click of the mouse, it will not happen for you, you will lose more and more and more.

Stop now.

#42     Jul 11, 2011
  3. I found some reply were rude, he at least have a few years of trading experience, What I can suggest is to re-evaluate your method and most important make a trading rule/plan. And stick with it for a number of trade and see how its work, and do some adjustment if neccessary. If you are able to go through with it and able to cover your monthly expenses then look into 4Xprop , they hire trader who are successful with evaluation poeriod. And go from there.

Sincerely.

#43     Jul 20, 2011
  4. Not 4xprop again..
    I smell something..

If you have some track record then some might be interested.
    But it´s not easy to trade well under pressure.

#44     Jul 24, 2011
  5. i was profitable short term trading futures from day 1 in '97. Just picked up. volume bid/ask depth. No big deal. I thought thats easy and will surely improve. That took me longtime to overcome. Back then it cost around 4 SPI points to enter a trade. And still made 25% in 6 mths with around 140 trades. Work is easier !

here are the rules:

after 3 losses papertrade until 2 consecutive paper wins then back to real. If end of day have winner hold o/n.
    use repeated patterns which come and go but are persistent enough to profit. For example, nice one was that 8 minutes after open if price above open sell, and vice versa. Worked long enough to net profit,

etcetc.

with computers playing short term may be more difficult but i still think you can make it probably with forex and modest targets - if you can afford them.

hovewer to make serious money one needs lots of real money experience which requires TIME.

#45     Jul 24, 2011