50 Trading / Investing Books - Make Offer

Discussion in 'Trading' started by psytrade, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Question. Still buying books?

Nice reading list. I ended up donating just about all the books I bought. I didn't care for a personal library, the books are reminders like empty beer bottles :eek: who needs them.

Although I keep a few to refer to occasionally. Now I just hit up the library for various financial reading or ask specific questions on forums.

#11     Dec 13, 2010
  2. jjf

jjf

Yes, I am with you Nutmeg, I gave my books away along with a cautionary note.

I don't regret buying them, my only regret was holding them for so long, since their greatest collective advice to me was to forget books and build a trading method that suited me.

I did however hold onto a first edition Welles Wilder book that sits besides me as a constant reminder to trade my own method to the letter.

#12     Dec 13, 2010
  3. Did you ever read "The gift of Fear" or "Blink"?

I thought these were two good psych books. Seems we are always trying to understand why we do the things we do and these books offer explanations. The short side is we cannot explain why we trade what we trade and never can pony up a factual explantion. (never win an arguement) Hence I cannot carry on a conversation with the value guys and even less so with the techies. I enjoy the solitude. :D

#13     Dec 13, 2010
  4. Illum

Illum

This looks fascinating. Grabbing it, thx :)

#14     Dec 15, 2010
  5. Ill give anyone 1,000 + stock market books for free in a 1gig file.

#15     Dec 15, 2010
  6. Illum

Illum

That would be amazing and really appreciated. How can one get them from you? Do you use newsgroups?

#16     Dec 16, 2010
  7. nursebee

nursebee

I'll bite. If they are still available I'll give you $150 and pay shipping via media mail.

4nursebee@gmail.com

#17     Dec 16, 2010
  8. I decided to keep them all. Ikea has a sale on Bookshelves.

#18     Dec 16, 2010
  9. I will take books for $150. Perhaps this is a more important question?

Do the successful traders here think books are useless? Even if it comes down to building your own specific method that works for you, my experience is that books can help you generate ideas, etc.

How do I get the 1,000 books on file? I will take those too.

#19     Dec 16, 2010
  10. 1) Pack rat! :p
    2) Does the IKEA store near you have the 99-cent breakfast during Saturday mornings? :confused:

#20     Dec 16, 2010