50% of US kids will be on Food Stamps

Discussion in 'Economics' started by IanMacQuaide, Nov 2, 2009.

1. That is quite possibly the most ignorant thing I have ever read on ET.

And I've been here a while...

#11     Nov 2, 2009
  2. While I agree that government handout issue is a huge problem, your scenario is hypothetical and bullshit. You don't know where you are going to be at age 30. Have you got the girl picked out? How does she feel about your 4 year plan?

Life doesn't work that way, at least not all the time.

My parents were in their mid twenties when their first child was born.my grandparents in their early twenties. I was 26 when my son was born.

It would be ideal if one of the parents could leave the workforce, but 95% can't afford this because they don't make enough after taxes to make ends meet.

#12     Nov 2, 2009
  3. poyayan

poyayan

Really depends on what you can or willing to offer your kid.

If you want to give your kids private school and such, yea having kids too early will take you to the poor house.

If you believe in kids raising themselves, you are ready to go at 17.

#13     Nov 3, 2009
  4. Children are the greatest hardship and happiness one could experience. I have two boys and would give my left hand to go through life with those two rascals. Another misconception is the money. Food in the States is extremely cheap and if you are a smart shopper your family will have plenty to chew on. There is no need to pay $50 for a family dinner for the food you could buy for $10 and prepare it yourself. Same goes for education. My profession requires 2 MA's so by default I work with people who are "degreed" up to wazoo. Some went to very good school districts and graduated from expensive schools and intellectually are nothing special. just goes to show you that there is more to education than $$$$.

Having kids and being able to spend time with them is extremely rewarding. Try it sometime, you might like it guys. :D

#14     Nov 3, 2009
  5. Nothing ends your life, and restarts it again, like having kids...
    I always tell my friends who are about to have kids "life, as you know it, will be over"...

#15     Nov 3, 2009
  6. Republicans and to a lesser degree few powerful democrats helped end slavery and segregation and the democrats push them right back into slavery through social programs.

#16     Nov 3, 2009
  7. TGregg

TGregg

If the blacks ever realize how far down the river their "leaders" have sold them, there'll be blood spilled.

#17     Nov 3, 2009
  8. Unfortunately, the people who should be reading this aren't.

#18     Nov 3, 2009
  9. The economy does not support such a large population with the amount of Automation taking humans out of the loop.

The population needs to drop to a level that the global economy can support.

#19     Nov 3, 2009
  10. Hence the "government engineered H1N1 vaccine" ??

#20     Nov 3, 2009