50% Growth, How much P/E? 100% Growth How much P/E?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qll, Apr 9, 2007.

1. qll

qll

If a company's EPS is growing at 50% rate year-over-year, what is the reasonable P/E range for that company?

If a company's EPS is growing at 100% rate year-over-year, what is the reasonable P/E range for that company?

I ask this is because there are tens of Chinese companies currently grow at 100%+ rate and P/E only 50-80

I bought a company growing at 50% rate, and current P/E at 22 and P/B at 2. I think the P/E should be at 40 level.

2. You may want to look at a valuation measure known as PEG, which is (P/E) / (Earnings Growth Rate). For example, if P/E is 20, and earnings growth is 10% a year, the PEG is 2. It's believed that anything below 1 as measured by PEG qualifies as value. I am not sure that it's applicable to Chinese companies, though, because of the accounting methods used.

3. qll

qll

peg is forward looking, so many companies on yahoo finance don't have this ratio.

i was looking a past peg ratio, though.

ps:
    please relax on chinese accounting methods. they are much cleaner than 2-3 years ago.

4. "Reasonable" is a pretty subjective term. Arguments can be made for ignoring PE altogether if you are a growth investor. PE's of 100 can be a bargain and PEs of 5 could be grossly overpriced.

5. Triple at least. 50 = 150 , 100=300. The assumption is that the growth will continue forever.