50-100% monthly returns

Discussion in 'Forex' started by fxtradeprodigy, Jan 7, 2010.

1. I have invested with a managed forex company that pays upto 2.8% per trading day. They have been paying for the past 18 months.

#41     Jan 9, 2010
  2. Why do you keep bringing this up???

#42     Jan 9, 2010
  3. hoffmanw

hoffmanw

Wow. Then you must be the richest person in the world. How come you are not in Forbes' billionaire list? Warren Buffet has a net worth of $37 billion USD and you beat him by a mile. Compounding at 2.8% for 18 months starting with $10,000 is $180 billions USD. Assuming this amount has not compounded, you will end up with $170,000 in your bank after 18 months. Still this is pretty incredible!

Even if you compounded with 1% consistently per day, you still get $4 millions after 18 months or $65,000 for not compounding.

#43     Jan 9, 2010
  4. I started investing 2 months back. Also I am not compounding. But the forex company has been paying since 18 months.

#44     Jan 9, 2010
  5. has anyone even thought that maybe this trader is just rubbing his ego and bullshitting that he makes 50%, when in reality he doesn't make anything near that.
    its a joke that people on forums can think that 1% a day or 10% a week is totally normal. 95% of traders on here trade small time frames and as a result are subject to lots of c,d,e grade setups that for the most part kill most traders because they cannot be selective, or they just can't stay out the markets.

another point to raise is that 95% of traders cannot trade both trending and range markets. markets range more than they trend and i can tell you now that trend traders are not going to have the patience to sit on their hands through a range market. if they were to go full time this would mean that they would have no income for stretches of time.

when i see posts like 1-2% a day or even a week i just laugh.. how can you expect to make x% consistently when you are relying on the market to give you opportunities which can be any length of time.

traders would be better off trading a larger time frame such as the 4h, daily or weekly. take 1-3 trades a month and make what ever % the market gives you. at least the the setups will be a better quality, you will learn the patience you need, and you can make a realistic return.

#45     Jan 9, 2010
    comagnum likes this.
  6. These threads always have the 95% who define a 10% annual ROI as "success" roll out the "compounding argument," i.e. they argue that if someone really could do 10%/month or more then they would never withdraw profits, and instead lever up using position sizing to take over the world's money supply in short order. Meanwhile, the 5% who know otherwise happily keep up their monthly or quarterly withdrawals of the money they've been collecting from the other 95%.

#46     Jan 9, 2010
  7. you mean, the forex company you keep shilling for, over and over, in multiple threads.

and "they have made X% for 18 months, but I have been with them 2 months, is a rather naive and stupid thing to say."

#47     Jan 9, 2010
  8. On the other hand, could it be that those 5% who know how to trade wanted the rest of the world to overtrade, so they claimed 100% monthly return is possible?

#49     Jan 9, 2010
  9. I saw in another posting that he was using 20x leverage. That boils down to 2.5% per month unleveraged. Making 2.5% is not that hard.

Actually your friend is doing the right thing. He only trades what he can blow up in a month and takes out the rest. I am guessing he has enough padding that he can put the money back again. And when he does blow up he just waits until the next month to move on, yes?

Though, 20x leverage is nothing to sneeze at. It is a double edged sword.

#50     Jan 9, 2010