50-100% 2007 target return possible with options?

Discussion in 'Options' started by a529612, Dec 11, 2006.

1. They have The Edge...

#51     Dec 13, 2006
  2. I know what ROI means, and yes, I doubt it's possible to find alot of CC situations offering 10-15%/month on 1 position.
    That would mean, for example, buying MO at $84, and selling an $8.40 OTM Call against it....the MO Jan 85 Call is not going for $8.40...
    NFLD? There's a possibility...$15 stock, the Jan 17.5 Call is going for $2.80...hmmm, almost 20%....I might try that...nah, I'll sell naked put or a put spread and tie up a LOT less cash, and get a better return.

Look, I'll admit my posts did not have a very friendly tone to them, and for that I apologize.

It's just that your posts did have a smidgeon of arrogance to them, like everyone here is below you. Maybe that's not the way you meant it, but it's the way I took it. Then there's the way you compliment people on their posts....as if to say, "hey, you're not as stupid as I thought you were..."

Let's start over....Peace my friend.

Arnie

#52     Dec 13, 2006
  3. Or you could buy a deep OTM Jan 08 call instead of a deep ITM call. Higher strike calls probably would be "cheaper" in terms of vol.

The deep ITM Jan 08 LEAP with a high delta could get whacked hard on a deep drop in the stock.

#53     Dec 13, 2006
  4. "Position trading conservative front month ITM debit spread, ITM long options and some CC out of a 100k account. Is this doable using options or my target is unrealistic?"

Yes, It is very doable, but just don't know whether you will profit 100% or lose 100%.

#54     Dec 13, 2006
  5. dr_sean

dr_sean

honestly reading back on my post I did take a bit of a stand w. arrogance after being felt like you guys thought I was an idiot.

So for that, my apologies as well.

And I lend great credence to your advocating to sell naked puts. I indeed use this strategy as well, and do find it effective--especially in its levg ability.

I'm glad we can be friends! I like this forum & hope I'll fit in well here. :D

#55     Dec 16, 2006
  6. my , oh my... another orchestrated and brutal attack ( this time on der_commissar)...I wonder who is next

#56     Dec 23, 2006

7. i promise, i did not consult anyone on "attacking (your spelling) der_commissar".

i just do not like bullies and i perceive him as such.

#57     Dec 23, 2006
  8. Prevail

Prevail Guest

whatever

#58     Dec 25, 2006
  9. He/she's just had a bad trading day and is taking it out on the folk here - noone is attacking him/her, just self defence. I notice he/she stopped posting, probably because has gained insight into the error of his/her ways but is too embarrassed to come back and admit to it. Probably a nice person deep down. Let's leave it at that and hope he/she comes back and we can then offer some emotional support to help him/her through this time of financial/personal stress.
    Peace and goodwill to all :)
    daddy's boy

#59     Dec 27, 2006