50-100% 2007 target return possible with options?

Discussion in 'Options' started by a529612, Dec 11, 2006.

1. You obviously have not traded CC's long enough to know that your statement is wrong. CC's are probally at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to option plays.

#21     Dec 12, 2006

2. cc have the worse r/r of all of the options strategies, especially now in this kinda mkt.

#22     Dec 12, 2006
  3. Another stupid fuck.

No wonder you agreed with JSL Capital.

You ever been on the floor of an exchange.

#23     Dec 12, 2006
  4. 50% a year is possible.

Either in profits, or in losses.

In the end, trading options is a zero sum game minus spread minus commissions.

Those of us who trade options (my own hand is raised here) think we can make it into the winner's circle. And stay there.

Only time will tell how right or how wrong we are.

For market makers, exchanges, and brokerages, options trading is hard not to be a winning strategy.

#24     Dec 12, 2006
  5. mokwit

mokwit

Microcap stocks are similar to an options if it had no time decay to overcome, no strike and a more gradual move into the money as it were, rather than in or out.

Think about it, the industry makes money from writing options, but no option writer would write an option on a stock with no strike and no expiration date

#25     Dec 12, 2006
  6. Prevail

Prevail Guest

dude, don't take a human sedative, take one for a horse, sounds like you need it.

man, you were easy to bait.

if there is one statement that sets people off around here it's that selling options has positive expectency. too much fun.

#26     Dec 13, 2006
  7. pathetic humor.

ANYWAY, the reason why I think you are your cohorts are fools is really quite simple.

You make generic, all encompasing statements such as "selling options has positive expectancy". Of course, this is open to LOTS of debate, but you probably dont know that.

It's also obvious that you weren't trading back when we had VOLATILITY.

It's clear that you are a rank amateur, however you clearly have a following of fellow amateurs who probably are enthralled with your empty platitudes such as "selling options has positive expectancy".

What a wonderful line of bullshit.

#27     Dec 13, 2006
  8. Excuse me for interjecting, but prevail said the exact opposite - namely that selling options has negative expectancy. So, when someone claims that selling options has an 'edge' or 'positive expectancy' or whatever bullshit term is fashionable, it always starts an argument. That's what prevail is saying. How did you get the idea that he thinks it's a positive expectancy event?
    And why are you so angry - trades not going your way (happens to the best of us)?
    We haven't hurt you.
    We are all here to learn something new. The price we pay is that we have to wade through a pile of poop to get some good stuff, but we're willing to do that.
    Btw I like your name 'kommissar', has a lovely German ring to it, but you are not German :) .
    daddy's boy

#28     Dec 13, 2006
  9. dr_sean

dr_sean

:confused:

definitely have made $ on them for about a yr now

why you coming in & attacking me like this? If you don't trust me fine. I don't need it. I still go home w. $ in my pocket over & over on CCs. Just telling you my experience.

What I like more than covered calls are LEAP buy writes.

E.G. I bought CAT 09 LEAPs after the dive and wrote Dec calls against the pos.

Now those calls are worthless. I collected nice credit on the write.

I bought them back 2 days ago @ .05 & wrote some Jan 65 calls against my LEAPs.

Everyone says it's "conservative" & they shy away from it.

But CCs and buy-writes have been my money makers.

:D

are you even allowed to say this?

Why can't you "respectfully disagree"?

I tell you, I've been trading for awhile, I come on this board & at first I'm impressed.

Options is my main gig.

So my first post in the options board I rise bad language over a simple normative statement.

Am I making you mad???

I'm not mad.

I don't see the need to curse.

Sounds to me (no offense) like you're losing or have lost money in the market.

I have done very well @ a very young age.

So honestly I don't need your advice of me being "a stupid &##."

I will say it one more time:

COVERED CALLS ARE THE BREAD & BUTTER.

They, along w. buy-writes, have made me more $ than any other strategy.

#29     Dec 13, 2006
  10. Making money on a strategy does not mean that the strategy is the best in the world or most profitable. No one is saying CCs are not worth it.

CCs are good for steady returns but they have limited profit and significant risk so they are not appropriate strategy for shooting for 50% returns. Most CC writers are happy with 1-2% a month and that is very good. Of course one or two losses can eat into that.

So the criticism was not aimed at CC as a horrible strategy, but a bad one to suggest for someone looking for 50% returns.

#30     Dec 13, 2006