50-100% 2007 target return possible with options?

Discussion in 'Options' started by a529612, Dec 11, 2006.

1. bullshit.

#11     Dec 12, 2006
  2. Prevail

Prevail Guest

can you prove it?

#12     Dec 12, 2006
  3. My best month was a 4% Return On Equity. I retired in Sep of '05. Before that, I couldn't devote much time to the market (blue collar), so I mostly did Covered Calls. Since retirement, I started with with lotsa naked positions, but was tying too much capital. Now I mostly do Credit Spreads. I have so far to go in learning options, I still try to understand Greeks, but it just doesn't sink in. :(
    Anyways, barring a black swan event, I think that 2-5% monthly ROE is realistic, if you maintain a disciplined style.
    I owe a debt of gratitude to so many on this board for their willingness to share their knowledge and experience.
    People like RichardRhimes, optioncoach, momoneythansens, ChrisM, jj90, jllm03....to those I omitted, please accept my apologies.
    But back to the original topic, I think 2-5% per month ROE is very realistic, which is about 24-60% per year...and dat ain't too shabby.
    I'm sure there are some here who really knock it out of the park, and I tip my hat to them.
    I'm just happy to beat CD rates...
    I know I haven't traded through a black swan, so I'm still wet behind the ears.

Arnie

(now let's hope for a quiet week, for my best month ever.)

#13     Dec 12, 2006
  4. Hey nasty ass, my post was sarcastic..... so let go of the teddy bear :D.

But now that you embarassed yourself, I think it is very possible to turn $4,000 into $6,000 in a year. If you disagree then that is too bad you do not understand options...

#14     Dec 12, 2006
  5. lol. Prove WHAT? You think your petulant little argument that RANDOMLY selling atm and otm options will generate 50% per year? You make no mention of what product, make no mention of volatility levels, duration. You make no mention of risk control. In case you hadnt noticed, there is a "vig" involved for the retail guy to buy and sell these options. You're little delusion gets kicked around pretty bad when we factor in the slippage involved.

Again, bullshit.

#15     Dec 12, 2006
  6. A. You're wrong.
    B. I love the positive/constructive energy you bring.

#16     Dec 12, 2006
  7. lol, gotta love these guys. First guy makes an outrageous claim that randomly selling options will net 50% a year. Now Johnny Come Lately, "true story" backs up the first nebulous assumption with "you're wrong".

Let me be the first to say, that this site is infested with all sorts of bullshit artists, con men, dreamers and other various miscreants.

So True Story, how long you been trading?

Let me guess, a few months.

#17     Dec 12, 2006
  8. Wrong again on all accounts. Don't worry about it.

#18     Dec 12, 2006
  9. reading your recent posts and postulating(presupposing) the intended tone; makes me feel so wonderful to be me and not you.

thank you

#19     Dec 12, 2006
  10. dr_sean

dr_sean

covered calls are the bread & butter

don't leave home without them :D

#20     Dec 12, 2006