50:1 margin or more?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by GordonTheGekko, Aug 20, 2011.

1. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Hello,

Is it possible to setup an offshore forex account that has far fewer margin requirements than the SEC? (Legally of course) I understand the risks with high margin, but I am interested in trying it out. Would be fun! :)

2. This is why Gordon Gekko is my hero

[​IMG]

3. Apparently Greed isn't Good. Look what has happened to the mkts since that abomination of a sequel hit the theaters.

4. cornix

cornix

Not being U. S. citizen I could trade with higher margin with some European or offshore broker, but honestly 50:1 equals to ~1-2% risk per trade, which is just right for me.

5. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

I saw a super conservative ETF earlier in the summer - it was like a straight line at 1 degree, increasing by 0.1 or 0.3% each day. Why not buy this with huge leverage?

6. cornix

cornix

You can't trade ETFs with forex brokers anyway.

7. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

The concept of a very conservative investment leveraged to the max sounds like a good idea.

8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, it's playing on HBO right now, and I've gotta say it's absolutely horrible compared to the original. So far out there... Btw, Is every damn thing a love story these days?:confused: :mad:

9. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

I love it, way better than the original. Can you lighten up and recognize this is the 21st Century? Shea isn't the best, and Oliver is strange, but the strange things in the movie are nice, like the awkward soundtracks.

10. Why the fuss? Many prop traders get 50:1+ (intraday stock prop) - unless you mean forex only.

#10     Aug 21, 2011