$50,000 worth of development for free

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Aquarians, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Studied the program and there's no way I can get it.

The €40,000 grant ($49,200 at current exchange rate) is conditioned on hiring two employees for and keeping them for at least *four* years. But with two employees you only get 90 "points" from a total of 100. It doesn't matter that you do something unheard for the area, like derivatives R&D, or warp engines for a change... if someone's got a project to raise goats for milk and hires *three* goat fuckers to mind the herd, they get 100 points and get the grant while you don't.

So to stand a chance I'd need to hire 3 employees for 4 years with the state sponsoring about $1000 per month out of this. I'm am employee myself and I have to work my ass off (think 12 hours including commute) for those =~ $1500 that I get to save per month. Even if I redirect all the money I'm saving into this, that's still only $2500 per month, which doesn't pay one good developer, let alone three. And I've no significant capital savings, certainly not enough to pay three guys while also working 12 hours days and jeopardizing my wife and kid's future.

The original idea, which I tried to present to my esteemed work colleagues / friends / compatriots, was that while we can't make it individually, there's plenty of opportunities to do it as a group. Ignore this startup programme, or rather think of it not as a cash cow but some welcome bonus to the work WE are supposed to do. If we'd associate even in a group of 4, we could try with little risk, whatever the fuck crosses our mind. All it takes is $500 chip in by each, of course, in addition to our vision, talent and skills.

Fucking Christ, assholes like Punisher here are light infantry compared to the bombardment of ridicule, outrage and plain dumbfuck ignorance on top on entitled arrogance I got covered with.

Anyways, what is the fundamental issue why I'm degrading myself, treated like the lowest filthiest bitch, talking to these fuckers? For a measly $1500 in addition to what I make (admittedly, that's after both The State and My Wife got their doing with what I'm originally making). Fuck this shit, that's $18k after taxes, $30k before that.

I should concentrate on the things of high probability and within my control, not chase whild goose options. That is, get a raise or get another job that pays at least so much more.

You see selling yourself to "investors" is, a bit counterintuitive, like BUYING options. When you buy OTM options, it seems to you like you're paying a very modest price for a very significant potential reward at the end. When you chase POS investors, it feels the same: you're only giving a little bit of your valuable time to have those guys working WITH you. Not you working for them, you both working together. Which means the contribution of both is not only as valuable as yourself but 4x that valuable, or you wouldn't be chasing them in the first place. See Paul Graham's equity equation essay ( http://paulgraham.com/equity.html ) which summarized means if working with you we'll split profits 50%-50%, it's still a good deal for me if together we make 4x what I originally did. I'm not asskissing assholes for nothing, if I cash out with 2x my original worth, I'm fine with it. Problem's when I'm buying a lot of OTM options (every fucking one of you cunts thinks he's God's gift to this planet, best idea ever on this Planet since sliced bread), only I'm paying a lot and not making much. And looking at the bid-ask spread it's obvious you're pathetic losers, I thought there might be some edge repressing my vomit instinct and mingling with you but if there is, it's for better equipped astronauts to find it. I'm puking the inside of my helmet and gotta get out.

Cheers cunts. See ya in 4 years.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    #31     Mar 2, 2018
  2. P.S. All of you cunts are OTM options. Don't brag to me you're working for Goldman Sachs bitch, go find another daddy and see if you get just as lucky this time.

#32     Mar 2, 2018
  3. punisher

punisher

You really have some personal issues that require immediate attention. One way or another I do not see you making it out in trading but best of luck to you.

From what you vaguely described, sounds to me like a classic program that is supposed to help business' that would be increasing local employment. If you can't come up with a valid business idea that would fulfill the program's criteria then stop wining like a little bitch about the program and move on. The problem is you, not the program.

#33     Mar 2, 2018
    SunTrader likes this.